Maker Pro
Maker Pro

Hello, Welcome! (Introduce yourself)

Hi,
I am very interested in learning
about electronics. I have taken a home study course years ago and would like to learn more by doing. I thought that this forum would be a good place to get a better understanding of some concepts

Thank You,
brinks

halo.. i am julio andryanto and a new member here, i have been in computer technician over two years, so can say that i'm still a fresh graduate in vocational high school,...
i interest in Computer programming and Electronics
kepp spirit to reach what we dream^^

Hello!

Hello!

My name is Andrew Certain. I live in Seattle, WA, and I came here because I have a question about a 20-year-old driver board for a scoreboard that I'm trying to get working.

Andrew

davenn

hi ya Julio
hey Andrew

Ahhhh Seattle, a beautiful part of the USA :)

welcome to Electronics Point to both of you

Dave

Intro

Hi I'm currently working in Ottawa Canada at Nuclear Medical Isotope facility. I am currently calibrating/ repairing radiation monitoring equipment and pharmaceuticals manufacturing equipment. (12 years)
A significant amount of the equipment being brought for repair is in the 20 to 30 year old range and "must" be repaired to satisfy production/documentation/regulatory needs.
It can be interesting.
Chat with you soon,
jdsloss.

Hi from bonnie Scotland!

Hi everyone.
My names Phil and am a retired electronics technician of 40+ yrs. I started in televisions and found my feet on the very first Thorn 2000 colour job (urgh), went on to be troubleshooter for a large white and brown goods service company in England (covered the whole uk) and finished up in computers.

Now my brain is getting forgetful and often have to resort to online help - what a blessing these forums are.

I do have a current project of fixing my dual motor reclining chair but finding no reference to the chip on the relay board (just says 38694 ver 1.0) on a stuck on label. The chip is ok as one motor drives fine. Switching the motors proved the 2nd is fine. I am trying to understand the circuit and am drawing out a circuit for future reference.

My current problem is just a blown relay and accompanying to23 tr, which may be a protection jobby (6CW). They are so small that my eyes have trouble trying to solder now but am persevering. Maybe I will devise a switch or relay to switch between th etwo motors but these motors have 8 pin connectors so trying to understanding what is going on.

When I can do so I could send pictures of the pcb in the hope someone out there has tackled these before. It is a Dewert set up (now part of Phoenix Mecano) but they won't supply any info, just want over £100 for new controller.

Here's looking for a long association on this site both helping and being helped.

PS - why peskycats. Cos as a very keen gardener they are my bain! Maybe if I lived in usa I could get a 12 bore! (sorry cat fans)

hello everybuddy. i m manoj bhatta. i m not enaged with any kind of electronics work but i m really much more interested in electronics than anything else. i want to learn more n more in this field. i hope for your help. Are you with me buddy?

Hey

hey guys and gals,

I am a Mechanical Engineering student in my Junior year at Portland State University. I love to fiddle with things and take things apart and I almost always have some little project going on, be it with my car or just odd jobs. I am also a member of the schools Rocketry club and am designing a camera housing and fairing to be able to view up and down the rocket.

And to my issue, I have an old workbench lamp from the 70's and I am trying to rebuild it to perfect working order, but I will post the actual question in the appropriate section.

thanks

davenn

welcome junkyard

I havent been to Portland OR ( Im assuming that's the Portland you are referring to?) since 2007

cheers
Dave

Last edited:
Hi peeps,

I live in the frigid northeast USA, work as a software engineer (mostly .net) and do electronics (including some inventions) as a hobby. I use PIC microcontrollers in a lot of my projects. Looking forward to participating more and learning on here.

davenn

hey there kpatz

welcome to electronics point

yeah you guys are having a really harsh winter huh

Dave

Last edited:

KrisBlueNZ

Sadly passed away in 2015
Hi kpatz

I wish we could send you some of our heat! Not just because it's so cold there... it's too hot down here!

It's great to have you on board here. All of your posts have been accurate and helpful. And you can spell, and write clearly. I hope you stick around!

Hello everyone, I am glad to be apart of the community.

My name is Tom, and I have come here today because i need to repair an amplifier for a neighbor. But I will get into that at a different time.

I have little, well realistically, no experience working with electronics. I was however an Electricians Assistant for two years before working as a laborer. Currently, I am no longer in construction.

I trust there is enough information in this forum to fix any job. I look forward to an education, although I must be honest, I will have little knowledge of my own to reciprocate. But if anyone needs surf pointers, feel free to ask !

-Tom

KrisBlueNZ

Sadly passed away in 2015
Hi Tom :) Welcome to Electronics Point!

I'm sure we can help with the amplifier. I see you posted a video of it! That's a great idea.