Maker Pro
Maker Pro

Was prepared to crack open my Tektronix 475, but then...!

56wlc65umbd31.jpg

I bought a Tektronix 475 from someone for $200 about 4 years ago. After using it for 2 years, I thought it died after the trace vanished and nothing I did could bring it back. Turning it off and back on again yielded nothing (literally), and calling Tektronix yielded only marginally more. So I spent another 6 months or so being sad and mopey until I finally bought a digital scope.

Fast forward to last night. I decide it's finally time to open up the analog scope and attempt to fix it. But first I try to power it on to check a few things, and then - it works! It's as finicky as it's always been for me (read: I am incompetent and cannot operate this machine), but at least I can get it to draw a signal. Naturally, I have nowhere to put it except back on the floor where it was because this thing is as big as my torso.

Side note, the direction of this post changed twice while preparing it. I thought I killed it again, but it seems I managed to set the trigger A source selector between two settings somehow.

A WORKHORSE ! and $200 was one good price . . . considering the additional piggybacked DM42.
Can only see the very tip end of your probe tip, is it being one of the TEK older ones.
Since your compensation on it needs to be trimmed in a skosh, to clean up that cal waveforms leading edge.

A WORKHORSE ! and $200 was one good price . . . considering the additional piggybacked DM42.
Can only see the very tip end of your probe tip, is it being one of the TEK older ones.uc browser shareit appvn Since your compensation on it needs to be trimmed in a skosh, to clean up that cal waveforms leading edge.

thankyou so much!!