Maker Pro
Maker Pro

Single phase motor - wiring questions

This may be a dumb answer, but is there any diagram under the cover for the wiring? There usually is. If the supplier has sent you this to cover a warranty issue, he really should sort this out for you. Good luck with it!
No there isn't. I mentioned this to the supplier.

Ive got closer to the puzzle. A technician help chap from the supplier was not particularly electircal savvy but managed to find out that a few of the wires should have had plastic caps on the end.

Now the thing is, Only 2 of the wires have lugs on the end and I think the remainding 4 are NOT meant to be use (with caps on the end)

Now this makes sense because the CS switch is in continuity with both windings and both windings are in continuity with each other.

Therefore, it will not be possible to isolate the so called 'start winding' to stop working when the switch is open i.e when the rotor is spinning.

I can prove this because I have broken the circuit by placing some paper between the switch mechanism and yet 5 wires are still in continuity. Just the last wire that runs from the other end of the switch is not.

Therefore the centrifugal switch in this motor has no purpose what so ever neither do the wires that are meant to be capped.

Therefore, I need one lug connected to mains live and the other to neutral.

Does the make sense?

motor 2.png

Resistance across the following in Ohms:

V1 and V2 = 0.1
V1 and X = 2.6
V1 and Y = 1.6
V1 and U = 2.6
V1 and U = 2.6
X and Y = 1.1

Therefore V1 and V2 are centrifugal switch

Only X and Y have lugs on the end.

The red arrows illustrates the path of V1 as firstly, its not clear with the casing in the way and secondly to show that its in continuation with all the other wires.

If I open the centrifugal switch V1 becomes isolated from the rest of the circuit.

I understand the circuit I want to create - The starter coil and starter cap need to be wired so they are dependent on the switch.

I cannot work that out.