Maker Pro
Maker Pro

Replacement Sankyo VA700B02 motor

My Trio/Kenwood KX-880 cassette deck motor has died and I am looking for a suitable replacement. It is a 6V DC Sankyo VA700B02 motor which has long since ceased production. I can't even find any specs for it other than 6V DC. The original has a small worm gear on it to drive cams to set the operation mode(play, fast forward and rewind etc.) I live in Australia but I am willing to cover postage as required. Any help greatly appreciated.
Ken

Hi Ken, seems like this motor has long been discontinued.
There appears to be some joy here with a replacement. A Mabuchi RF-310T-11400. Hopefully it can get you going in the right direction.
The specs he has are 12V for the same VA700B02 motor though.
Certainly worth a read.

Martin

Might have more luck looking for a complete KX-880 unit on Ebay etc.

Similar hurdles with a Pioneer system I had and (in Aus) Gumtree had heaps, made more economical sense also.

Hi. New to this forum. I believe I have (a few) NOS Sankyo VA700B02 motors. Happy to send you new photos I just took a few moments ago. I sell NOS Dual (turntables/cassette) parts on line and just came across this motor today. Seems Dual used this motor in one or more of its cassette decks back in the day. Are you still interested? Thanks, Marty

Hey Ken. Here is the link to the eBay listing. Happy to give you a courtesy 25% discount off the listed price (not through eBay though) . Shipping is what it is. ($16.50) Has gotten even more expensive shipping from Canada to Australia in the last while. Please note that prices quoted are in Canadian dollars. Also, as a heads up, to adhere to our local lockdown (yes, still going on here) we have gone to shipping once a week and of course, it is on Wednesdays. :) I prefer letting you know up front that it would not ship until next Wednesday. Let me know. what you think. Marty https://www.ebay.ca/itm/294173149669?ul_noapp=true

hi there
Hi. New to this forum. I believe I have (a few) NOS Sankyo VA700B02 motors. Happy to send you new photos I just took a few moments ago. I sell NOS Dual (turntables/cassette) parts on line and just came across this motor today. Seems Dual used this motor in one or more of its cassette decks back in the day. Are you still interested? Thanks, Marty
, if you still have that motor, I definitely need it for my yamaha kx-1200. pls mail me at mjavor dot ie at protonmail dot com. thank you!