Maker Pro
Maker Pro

Leaked Battery Motherboard Repair

I can actually 'see' the breaks in the track - no wonder you can't measure anything!

The A/C and B/D points will measure 'open' if the ferrite beads aren't in!!! Clean the leads on the ferrite beads and refit them making sure the solder joints are clean. At a push you could just link out A/C and B/D with wire and it wouldn't make much difference....

Solder wires directly from 2-C and A-R31. This will fix the broken tracks.

Assemble and test.

You are a master

I have some

0.25mm 30AWG kynar wrap will this do

and another small problem my solder keep beeding how do I stop this I don't think I prepped the soldering iron correctly ?

Kynar wire will do fine. Strip back the insulation as required.

Beading? Where? On the iron tip? or the joints you try to make?

If it's the iron tip then you need to clean the tip and tin it properly. This is best done by applying flux-cored solder (you are using flux-cored solder?) to the iron tip as it is warming up, allowing the flux to clean the tip and the solder to flow over it as the heat builds.

Flux cored, rosin cored, same stuff.

The beading is likely as a result of the joint being VERY dirty. In cases like this you might be better off getting some RMA liquid flux to supplement your soldering.

I've botched it :(

beyond repair

I was soldering on the new din connector I didn't like how the solder was sitting so I used braid gave the din a little wiggle and striped 3 of the thru-holes

very sad after having all the new parts every thing you taught me and I ruin it in less then 30 min

davenn

I've botched it :(

beyond repair

I was soldering on the new din connector I didn't like how the solder was sitting so I used braid gave the din a little wiggle and striped 3 of the thru-holes

very sad after having all the new parts every thing you taught me and I ruin it in less then 30 min

that's the way it sometimes goes

Don't give up immediately. Although it's a multi-layered board your DIN socket may only use the top/bottom layers - you'll never know without the pcb layout drawing which is impossible to source in most cases - so do your best with the soldering and try to power it up. It can come to no more harm than has already suffered.

Ok ive got it out of the bin I will give it a clean up in the morning and send you some new pictures I'm sure I have stripped them right out :(

Sorry I haven't given a recent update having to be put on hold due to family member falling ill, will be back when things are Better :)