Maker Pro
Maker Pro

1 Mhz oscillator needed

Hi im building a new project but I need a square wave signal with frequency as close as possible to 1 MHz with voltage not less than 1v

I thought of the 555 timer but with such a high frequency the signal is totally malformed so please help me send me schematics or IC number that can generate 1MHz comfortably
thanks for your help

Look at the CMOS 4047.
This will give a square wave with amplitude close to the voltage supply but will have very little current capability.
If frequency accuracy is important, then a crystal oscillator is called for.

(*steve*)

¡sǝpodᴉʇuɐ ǝɥʇ ɹɐǝɥd
I'd scour some old electronics for an oscillator module. They're typically metal and have a DIL-14 pinout -- except with just 4 pins. They are clearly marked with the frequency on the top.

You probably won't be lucky enough to get one that id exactly 1Mhz, but look for something that is a simple power of 2 times 1MHz (2, 4, 8, 16 MHz).

Then look at divider chips and wire on e f those up to divide it down to 1MHz.

You can divide by other than a power of 2, but dividing by that pretty much ensures a nice 50% duty cycle output.

There are many solutions for your problem, if you want a square wave, the oscilator can be done by a 74LS04 and a higher frequency crystal and a counter to lower the frequency, another idea is to use the 74HC4060 with a crystal and this can do the job with 50% duty cycle and only one ic.

I support Zork's words. Use a xtal.
If you don't have a 4060 ic, then you can use a 1MHz xtal and build the oscillator using inverter gates.