Maker Pro
Maker Pro

Time Machine Help

I have been working on a personal project, constructing a replica of the time machine prop from the 1960 movie. I'm at the point where I need to work out the functions of my Machine. I'm not an electronics person and heed help.There is a lever which starts the rotation of a very large dish and a number of lights which fade on and flash at difference rates depending on how far the lever in moved. All this works in conjunction with a mini video projector which rear projects the changing dates on a "gauge". I have the motor and powder supply to spin the dish and I'm ready to begin to put this all together. I'm looking for someone who can consult and walk me through this or get involved in the construction. If you are interested in seeing my progress go to..
timemachinejunkyard.com
you can also see me beginning to assemble the Machine here...

Waouwww. congratulations! you made an awesome job!

For the light control is not so complicated for someone with electronic skills. However you probably want something ready to go than start from scratch.
My suggestion is to buy a simple light control based on a small DMX unit you can program. DMX is a very popular light control system. For the lever just need to couple a potentiometer to the axis and you are almost ready!

Thanks OLIVE222
I will look at the DMX. I'm guessing it's going to be a bit more complicated because I'm looking to operate the images of the dates changing using a very small video projector which will project animation of the dates changing. I'm not sure what the video source will be because the dates have to change at faster and slower rates and forward and back depending on which way the lever is pushed and how far it is pushed. Some of the blinking lights blink faster also as the lever is pushed further. I'm hoping someone with the knowlage will be interested in talking to me. There is a film crew making a documentary who will be filming me next week so I was hoping to move foward.