Maker Pro
Maker Pro

Slip up!

I use a Behringer Chorus pedal to improve the sound of my guitar playing. Last week I had some clicks and other unwanted noises coming from my amp and decided to check over the connections on the lead. All the solderings seemed to be ok so the next thing was dry contacts. I lightly sprayed the jack sockets on both guitar and pedal with CRC.
Now the pedal wont work, even the LED light wont come on. I've taken it apart hoping to find an obvious fault but everything is too tiny for a senior citizen to even understand! The power came from a voltage dropper and had been in use for at least a year and some of the spray may have accidently gone into the socket.
What could I have done wrong?

Attachments

• picture304.jpg
    picture304.jpg
    175.6 KB · Views: 85
CRC lubricant 5-56
Was this a no-no?
Possibly, but I don't know. I've never used the stuff, but personally I would avoid anything described (according to online sources) as "a lubricant fortified with PTFE".
Electrical contact cleaners are usually solvent-based (e.g. acetone, methanol).

Do you live in an old house? sometimes the receptacle plugin you're using doesn't fully deliver 117 volts. Simple thing as this could correct it, instead of tearing apart the whole thing from the get go.

davenn

Do you live in an old house? sometimes the receptacle plugin you're using doesn't fully deliver 117 volts. Simple thing as this could correct it, instead of tearing apart the whole thing from the get go.

this isn't a mains power problem :)