Maker Pro
Maker Pro

Russian electronics help needed.

Hi I'm working on a hotpoint bwd129 washing machine control board (edt009. 06).... most of the repair has gone well..

There are two components which I'm unable to recognise (burnt)

I found the attached page in Russian which appears to be discussing them on a related version of my circuit.

Probably fuses or resistors. Can anyone help or translate the fix please.
http://www.service-ruse.eu/forum/topic.php?forum=1&topic=796

I tried several translation programs and found !+£@xxx .... it's in Bulgarian. ..apparantly they are 10k resistors

CDRIVE

Hauling 10' pipe on a Trek Shift3
Unfortunately the photo isn't sharp enough. I pasted it into paint and blew it up but it didn't help. My guess would be a resistor or diode but you need more than a guess.

Chris

CDRIVE

I tried several translation programs and found !+£@xxx .... it's in Bulgarian. ..apparantly they are 10k resistors
10K resistors would seem an unlikely candidate for burnout unless there's high voltage associated with them.

Chris

Thanks..
I thought that as well but if you google translate it from Bulgarian the respondent says 10k and the burned off 1003 marking.. then goes one to discuss the IC alongside it...

Any more ideas?

CDRIVE

If it is 100KΩ then to exceed .25W the voltage across it would have to exceed 158V. I'm not an SMD expert though. I didn't google SMD resistor standard wattage's.

Chris

I went back and Google Bulgarian translated it again... *MY MISTAKE *board is EDT0097. 6.. and 1002 is the inscription. All the other details especially the reference to J9 (connection to the triac motor) and fault code F01 correspond to the board I'm working on..
What do you think guys go for two 10k resistors?

Last edited:

(*steve*)

¡sǝpodᴉʇuɐ ǝɥʇ ɹɐǝɥd
Give it a try. If they're currently burnt to the point you can't read them, replacing them with a value that is too high (not saying 10k is too high, but that's the conjecture) is unlikely (I.e could, but most likely will not) to make things worse.

And a reasonable general rule is that 1206 are 0.125W, 0805 are 0.1W, and 0603 are 0.0625W -- although there are plenty of exceptions to this rule.

Thanks Steve.... I agree.. I'm going to have a go this week. I need to take a long run up for this part.
The various burnt out tracks are/were a bar***rd. . Piggy backing these two smd resistors equally tricky..

CDRIVE

Are these resistors located somewhere in the Mains side of the board? I'm still trying to wrap my head around 10K burnt out resistors in the LV logic section of the board. :confused:

Chris

Those five tabs shown in the picture are for the ICSP the eeprom is miles away.. Most of the damage on my board manifestS it self as burnt out tracks where water short circuited the triacs which controled a three phase motor..... I only noticed these burnt out resistors after I found the Bulgarian Web page????? Your guess is better than mine?

CDRIVE

Lightning maybe but I would suspect a strike would take out chips, caps and just about anything that got in its way. Soooo I have no idea.

Chris