Maker Pro
Maker Pro

RF Generator with 1600Vdc output 20KW

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello Guys...is it safe to power-up this unit without dummy load? The AE Pinnacle RF generator --> RF Generator with 1600V output 20KW. Thanks a lot.

davenn

you have gotta be kidding ;)

I doubt it .... but where the heck are you going to get a >20kW dummy load ???

what frequency ... is this a fixed freq transmitter or some sort of test equip ?

Dave

A vendor sourcing me a dummy load with min of 10KW. He found it already but a bit expensive. And honestly, i cant find the value of its output frequency. The only info i got are the max output power which is 20KW and 1600Vout. I dont have the user manual also. The following is the link u can find the unit...thanks
http://www.ace-tech.com.tw/home/ind...product_id=23&option=com_virtuemart&Itemid=55

So please share any tips if it safe to just power-up this unit? Or please tell me what are risks for 20KW power? thanks

Last edited:
:) Hi!
Are you suicidal?
At least join a radio club, get your licenses, and THEN get very senior, professional engineer level advice. Please do not f about with this equipment.

davenn

Im an experienced RF technician but heck 20kW is even way way out of my league

the risks are high .... hi voltage, hi current, high RF field. The chances of bar-be-quing yourself are also very high.
PLEASE dont play with it unless you have an experienced commercial broadcast transmitter technician present to advice you

DAve

The Pinnacle is designed for Plasma Generation for thin film coating applications
and designed to run with a very specific load and apparatus.

If you don't have a vacuum chamber and a Magnetron, I highly recommend you don't power it up!

Hello Guys...thanks for all of your concerns...pls dont get me wrong but today when i open the output conn cover, i saw + and - plug which looks to me a design not like for rf. But a DC output of 1600V...Alright, to give you a better pictures with the device...i took photos today and share with you....

Attachments

• RF Gen AE Pinnacle_.zip
    32.1 KB · Views: 73
Last edited:
Nice enough pictures.
I don't quite know what you want any of us to say, but I can't believe anybody will be breathing sighs of relief quite yet.

Should anybody really worry? What's he gonna plug it into?
If can put out 20kW and consume 53kW (just going by his link), won't the fuses fry almost as fast as he does? (And the connecting cables as well!)

Just powered up today...with ac input power 208 3ph 20A...can measure the output using high voltage probe with fluke dmm...output is about 1.62KV...but as per complain by owner..it'll drop if load connected....zzzzz....now that's my next question i guess...

I don't see how I could want to answer a single further post from you. See you in the next life I guess, and for your part quite possibly a good deal sooner than you think

Status
Not open for further replies.