Maker Pro
Maker Pro

Frequency generator, level adjust

Im using the xr2206 as a square wave generator, but the voltage output of this is too high.
How can I bring the voltage output of this down, without distorting the signal?
Thank You

I need it to be running at 1v peak, I do not know the resistance of what Im using, its a 3vdc transistor radio
a friend of mine used a variable violtage regulator to do this, but I think I want a more basic way to do this

Last edited:
Hello,

Have a look at this ESP project:
https://sound-au.com/project22.htm

Figure 4 shows how to make a signal level control section.

Bertus
This is an excellent reference, but I have a question
Looking at figure 4 of the frequency generator/attenuator website, can the actual attenuator be run from 9v, or should it be lower??
I see the power supply of the attenuator is not shared with the frequency generator....I think, is this the case??

Hello,

Have a look at this ESP project:
https://sound-au.com/project22.htm

Figure 4 shows how to make a signal level control section.

Bertus
This is an excellent reference, but I have a question
Looking at figure 4 of the frequency generator/attenuator website, can the actual attenuator be run from 9v, or should it be lower??
I see the power supply of the attenuator is not shared with the frequency generator....I think, is this the case??

I see the power supply of the attenuator is not shared with the frequency generator.
In the ESP project page, both the oscillator and the attenuator are powered with +Ve, -Ve, and GND, so I don't understand your question.

The attenuator circuit is a unity-gain buffer driving a resistor divider. The buffer (Q1, Q2, etc.) can be replaced with an opamp in the voltage follower configuration if that is easier for you.

ak

I was just wondering if the 2 transistor attenuator stage was powered from a different supply than the actual oscillator stage.
What voltage does the attenuator require?

There is a link to a power supply project near the top of the page.

Looking at the oscillator circuit, I would guess it would run on voltages as low as +/-12 V. The attenuator will run on lower voltages such as +/-9 V, but the oscillator might start to clip.

ak