Maker Pro
Maker Pro

Reversed Speakers

I have a Sherwood RA 1140 that I've has for so long since the 90's. I began to notice that when listening through the speakers only, that when I turn the balance right or left I hear the opposite sound ie;left is right and right is left. I never observed this quite noticeably until just recently. Anyone have any idea how this can be remedied. I tried looking for answers in other places..but I get no straight answers. Would appreciate any suggestions.

Start from the right speaker. Follow the cable to the back of the receiver. Notice that it is plugged in to the output marked Left or L. Switch it with the cable coming from the left speaker.

Or, just move the speaker on the right to the left and vice versa, without changing any connections.

Bob

to the WHOLE QClub . . . in its entirety

Well . . . I now see that our right honourable and most esteemed . . . . . Sir BOB . . . has come back in the interim of my composing my reply . . . after my looking at your units schematic and back terminals layout . . . . so . . .scrub my initial thoughts of . . . . .

"What are the chances that the unit has been miswired for the last 22 years . . . . . or that you have recently moved the unit enmasse and just ran out the speakers into their incorrect placement positions at the new location. "

OR . . . . for the accountability of right and left, in that you had never heard the stereo enhanced sounds of race cars on a lap . . . . .of if musically inclined . . .had not noted the sublieties of instrumental positioning within an orchestra pit.

SPECIFICALLY RELEVANT REFERENCING . . . .

upload_2020-1-13_16-36-58.png

73's de Edd . . . . .

My question is . . . . Where was the toothbrush invented ?
Answer . . . . . In West Virginia . . . . . . of course
Now, had it had been invented anywhere else, it would have been called a teeth brush.)
( I'll be catching it from my in-laws for that. )

Start from the right speaker. Follow the cable to the back of the receiver. Notice that it is plugged in to the output marked Left or L. Switch it with the cable coming from the left speaker.

Or, just move the speaker on the right to the left and vice versa, without changing any connections.

Bob
Thanks Bob. I kinda figured the cable was the best bet.

If you haven't done so, clean all switches and potentiometers with spray contact cleaner. DO NOT get it on the clear plastic dial face. It will turn it white.