Maker Pro
Maker Pro

Project logs

Why are there 2 sections for project logs on the site, one in resources and one in the forum section list, do they serve different purposes? The descriptions of the 2 sections are very similar, one being: "Showcase your ongoing projects in here by creating a dedicated thread and updating it over time" and the other "Showcase your projects with an on-going project log in this section." Or am I not noticing something?

Ian

Administrator
The project log forum section is the old one that we had, but going forward it may be easier for people to create their project log in the resources section, as it means each project log can have a separate discussion thread and editing is always available.

In time, we can migrate project logs over - I'll put some thought in to this over the coming days and see how we should best handle this.

OK, thanks. Should I copy my project log over from the forum now, or should I wait until you have thought about it.

Ian

Administrator
If you could hold on for now that would be helpful, just in case we change how things work :).

Ian

Administrator
For now, if you could post projects in the project log forum - I've removed the project log category from the resource manager. I've got some thoughts on an improved way of having project logs, but it's some way off yet - so we'll be sticking with the thread version for a while yet :).