Maker Pro
Maker Pro

Need project ideas

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey,
I'm taking an electronics lab course and i was asked to design an electronics project.
There are plenty of interesting projects on the internet but unfortunately most of them require ICs which we are not allowed to use.
So can you guys plz suggest some sort of project (along with the circuit)?
Thank you in advance

In what mode are you thinking of?

If you want an absolute killer project that would knock the socks off of anyone else's, it is possible to make a 4-8 bit computer using only discrete electronics (solitary transistors).

Are you thinking of building an analog device, or a rudimentary digital one? I can suggest for you a few different routes to take and advise on them, but you need to whittle down the list - an 'electronics' project list of everything that has been done could fill up the Library of Congress a few times.

"would you like to interest power system protection or smart grid realted project. which is not allowed to ICs. because there are plenty of project on the internet on that field.
Thanks!!!"

Hey,
I'm taking an electronics lab course and i was asked to design an electronics project.
There are plenty of interesting projects on the internet but unfortunately most of them require ICs which we are not allowed to use.
So can you guys plz suggest some sort of project (along with the circuit)?
Thank you in advance
In 1957 Popular Electronics magazine (out of print) published an article for constructing a "rudimentary computer" that could play the old parlor game of "21". It utilized a five deck mechanical stepping relay to do it's "calculations" and a series of 21 lights, By pushing a 'player' button, a player could light one, two or three lights. Then, a 'machine' button would be pushed and the machine would also light one, two or three lights, The object of the game was not to be trapped into having to light the last, or 21st lamp. Unless you knew the secret, the machine would invariably win.
The secret lies in the fact that there are five groups of four within the number 21 (5x4=20) with one, the 21st lamp, left over. If the 'player' lights one, the 'machine' lights three. If the 'player' lights two, the 'machine' lights two, and if the 'player' lights three, the machine lights one. Whatever number the player chooses, the machine chooses a number to add up to four. This would seem to be a natural for modern day components such as processors, ICs and LED's. If you, or anyone you know, could come up with a circuit to update this game, I would be interested also.

davenn

Rich Man
this is a VERY OLD thread and the OP never did respond to other comments

in future, just make a note of thread age before responding :)

thread closed

cheers
Dave

Status
Not open for further replies.