Maker Pro
Maker Pro

I need project ideas

I am stuck on what to build next, preferably I would like to make a project the involves digital electronics. I know how to input sensors into digital circuits and understand logic, flip flop memory, dividers, adders etc. I have access to just about all the digital components I need using Maplin and RS components, I do not have microcontrollers. If it involves some electronics being outside this is fine as I have a radio transmitter and receiver. Does anyone have ideas for a project under £30?

(*steve*)

¡sǝpodᴉʇuɐ ǝɥʇ ɹɐǝɥd
How about a break-beam detector that uses a modulated beam and triggers based on a missing pulse detector.

See what sort of range you can get between the transmitter and the receiver without false triggering.

This neatly combines analog and digital.

Use your knowledge to design something from scratch rather than looking on the net for ideas.

For extra bonus, do it with a laser diode and see if you can set it up over a distance of 30 metres or more (in daylight).

Double the beams, and send the outputs to logic and an up-down counter to conut the number of things going in and out through a portal.

Ken