Maker Pro
Maker Pro

Need help with circuit for vent motor

Hi All,

I have screwed up with the circuit for vent Motor for my microwave. I need help in re-building the circuit.
I have attached the diagram as per the manual for vent motor and how it was connected to power supply.

There are 2 circuits as per diagram: 1) Circuit via diac and triac which was powering the motor in usual case. 2) Circuit via capacitor and resistor which has open switch at “hood TCO” which is closed when temperature rises above certain value, thus making it turn on the vent motor in case of fire or so.
Now that first circuit is dead ie triac and diac do not work and I do not have specification to replace them. I want to make 2nd circuit my primary circuit rather than my emergency circuit.
My questions are:
1) Is diac & triac which are in parallel to capacitor playing any role in functioning of 2nd circuit (ie power—capacitor—resistor—motor )
2) Can I remove diac and triac without impacting 2nd circuit and without damaging motor in anyway?

Thanks
Pawan

Attachments

• Diagram Page-1 - Copy.jpg
    Diagram Page-1 - Copy.jpg
    78.3 KB · Views: 2,930
What about the opto-triac? I'm not sure if you are using the correct terms.
The resistor and capacitor is feeding the diac, which then feeds the triac.
The opto-triac feeds the same triac on the other side.
The triac is the main thing to move the motor and can be triggered by either left or right circuit.
You shouldbe able to remove parts on either side without impacting the other side's function.
Are there any data printed on the motor?