Maker Pro
Maker Pro

Komerci PS50SWIV digital meter

Hew here.
I managed to reverse my Komerci power suppy output. The results:
one of two 40CPG100, burned and one of two fuses(I think) in circuit borad burned.
i changed both those schottkys and put wire instead of those mysterious fuse wires,
Resut:
supply work completely ok, but something funny happened =
voltage meter (both digital) shows excatly right numbers but ampere meter shows too little, eg roughly 5A as it should be 25 etc.
This power suppy seems to be sold in different brands (here in Europe) at least two different power classes (this on is 50A) but there is also similar with 30A range.
Have anybody schematic for this or hit what is wrong with my supply?

Harald Kapp

The fuses (you think) were possibly current sense resistor. By replacing them with wire you reduced the resistance and indicated current is lower than it really is.

Had these been fuses, replacing them by wire also was bad idea. Fuses are meant to protect both you and the circuit in case of a failure. By replacing them with wire you risk damage, potentially lethal.

Corollary: replace by the correct components.

Thank's for fast reply.
Eventough I'm getting old, I had a similar thinking about the problem, why the measure is wrong :)
Don't worry, I replaced it by wire just for testing purposes. My preliminay idea was ito nstal normal 100A fuse there or similar ( so that does not give right results).
But: the main peoblem is that I have no idea about those original fuses. In my research those seems to be somekind of steel or something material where even normal soldering does not effect.
i start to search if I can find suitable components for those.

Now fuse holder & fuse mounted. Now amp meter shows too much, eventough I found miniature trimmer to calibrate showing, it couldn't adjust just right. It shows a bit too much but I can live with it.