Maker Pro
Maker Pro

Help with reading schematic

Harald Kapp

compassator stors a small amount of energy

We generally call this a capacitor not "compassator"

From what's been going on in this thread I take it that you are a real beginner. So for starters, get yourself some good book(s) on hobby electronics and a kit or two for some quick success. Then start modifying the kits as you gain more experience.
E.g. get a simple LED flasher/blinker kit. Once it runs, modify it for other frequencies, other types of LED, brighter or dimmer light etc. Thus you get a feeling for the components and their interaction.

It's like swimming on a hot summer day: don't jump directly into cold water - get your body used to the temperature by slowly cooling it with small amounts of water. Same here: you won't be able to design a microcontroller based intruder alert with GSM alarming to your cellphone as your first project. Start slowly.

Harald

I think a "compassator" is an electronic component that has empathy with other components.

Bob

CDRIVE

Hauling 10' pipe on a Trek Shift3
A compassator stors a small amount of energy

And what are some good beginner projects

May I ask how old you are? I ask because electronics books, courses, kits, etc can be structured for the young. Unless you've had the handle "Sketerboyincr" for the last ten years I'm assuming you're young.

I think "capassator" is another give away. When I was a child I and all my friends called the Lone Ranger the Long Ranger. ;)

Chris

CDRIVE

I think a "compassator" is an electronic component that has empathy with other components.

Bob

I've been really bummed out this week and I need humor in my life. This goes a long way to reach that end. :D

Chris

CDRIVE

I just received this in my email.

Chris

Attachments

• OHMMMMM.jpg
    OHMMMMM.jpg
    112.8 KB · Views: 111

Harald Kapp

May I suggest both sides return back to earth?

@Skaterboy: Sorry: You have experienced some not too friendly comments from us (including me). When you honestly look through this already rather lengthy thread I think you will realyze that you are not entirely unblamable for this. People have been giving you good advice, but you showed no signs of appreciating this advice. On the contrary you showed a rather demanding demeanor and boast with what you think you know - ignoring what you don't know. The latter being the much bigger piece of the cake. This forum is full of normally friendly and knowledgeable people who help without asking for anything in return. Please respect that these people want to be respected, too.

A few tips that should help you get along:
- be friendly and respect the wisdom of elders in the profession
- ask as detailed as possible and give as much information as possible. This helps us to narrow down any problems you may encounter.
- if you don't understand an answer, ask detailed. A general "I don't understand" is of little help for us.
- when asked for more information or detail, try to answer as precisely as possible without detour.
- get a feeling for your own capabilities. Be assured that we have dealt with many noobs in the course of time and that it is definitely not our wish to disencourage beginners.
- take your time and go along step by step. Electronics is a vast field. So vast, nobody can be an expet in everything. Even less a beginner.
- last not least: show us that you work at understanding what you find by Googling or what you are told. (Almost) nothing annoys us more than not seeing a willingness to do some own work on the side of the one who's asking .

@all others: Let us give Skaterboy the chance for a new start

Regards,
Harald

P.S. Spelling errors are free :)

We've all been noobs at one point. The more you learn the more you realize how much you don't know. Back in the day I had the advantage of a couple of real electronics stores as well as a Heathkit outlet to quench my thirst. I would suggest a kit that includes everything (components, case and thorough instructions). Pricey? Yes but it will help you get up to speed safely and the finished project will be with you for years to come. The only kit I saw with a quick Google search were a couple Elenco power supply kits ranging for around $22 - $50 USD. I used to call them Capaci-taters.:rolleyes:

Only store I got his RadioShack and they don't know jack **** trust me I've asked 1 million questions

I'll bet you didn't asked them about cheap RC cars, cell phones or your household battery needs... They will talk your ear off about those things and never shut up... :)