Maker Pro
Maker Pro

Help My Satellite tv Receiver Work again.

Greetings from Africa the land of spirits. Since I joined the site, I learn a lot from you guys and the knowledge help me in trouble shooting and repairing my electronics. Hence, a big thank you to the electronics gurus here. Today, I am here battling with a dragon who is about overpowering me, hence, the SOS.

So, all the dragon slayers, get your weapon ready, for there is worth in saving someone soul.

So here is the issue:

I have this strong satellite tv receiver, model 4675A. It stop working as a result of lightening that struck it, one rainy night.
Though it display some two red lights and incomplete figures(You can tell if it is eighty or eighty-eight) on its display screen.
So, I suspect it was a power problem. However, to save time I used a neighbour receivers' of the same model, power board to confirm my suspicion. Oh no! I was wrong, for the receiver still display those annoying red lights.
The pics, offcourse will follow.

This is the shot of the display light.
I don't know why the photo is not displaying. Can someone help me out. For this is just the second time I am creating a thread. I think the sight admin might have effected some changes. Just guessing!

Last edited:

Ian

Administrator
I don't know why the photo is not displaying. Can someone help me out. For this is just the second time I am creating a thread. I think the sight admin might have effected some changes. Just guessing!

Yep, the site has undergone an upgrade about a year ago, so things have changed a little :). Welcome back!

To upload a photo, click the "upload a file" button underneath the text editor, and that should provide a way to attach a the image. There's an example on how to do this at the bottom of this page: https://www.electronicspoint.com/help/how-to/