Maker Pro
Maker Pro

Hello, Welcome! (Introduce yourself)

Thanks a lot steve. Sorry to bother you, to purchase the said transformer what current rating should i mention ... 40v-0-40v and current?

davenn

a 640 VA transformer is 640 W not 300W

do you understand the meaning of VA ?

VA = Volts x Amps = Watts :)

Dave

Hi techna.

Welcome to Electronics Point.

My advice for you is to start simple and work up.

You can't become an expert in a day, and you need to have the basics fully under control.

Thanks for the advice, Steve, I am following it. I am trying hard to clear my basics.

Hello all,

This is Pravin currently perceiving my bachelor's degree in Electronics & Communication engineering domain. Interested areas of mine are network analysis,control systems & power electronics.

Thank you

hi dave

I want to make step down transformer for electronic use .. Can you help me? if you have any good site..

thanks and regards

Hello everyone

I’m from Staten Island, NY. I’m new to this site. I’m just wrapping up a two year associates program in electronics and I was doing some research when I found this site. Looks very interesting. Hope to learn new things and also offer some input and suggestions.

hello everyone,

My Name's Enzo. Nice to meet all.
My job IT: Programer computer, Design Website. (edit: he means SPAMMER)
I like swiming, football, walking...
I glad to see all.

Thanks,

Last edited by a moderator:
Hello from the Chicago suburbs. I am a 31 year old college freshman and stock clerk. Inferno I was a kid I loved playing around with electronics, taking everything I could apart (and then some) I loved my dads old 201 in 1 kit. The kit had components and a couple of simple ICs lated out with spring terminals you hooked wires to so you could build circuits. I also remember spending endless hours copying down BASIC code from magazines and printouts. I eventually let other things get in the way and haven't done much I'm the way of electronics or programming since then aside from some simple BASH scripting.

I decided to invest in an Arduino Uno and associated kit partly because I was looking for a way to use what I'm learning in my math classes (real world applications make thinks stick better for me) as well as because as a "biodiversity and ecological Design" student I was looking for a way to gather sensor data. Things like air/soil temp, humidity, soil moisture, and windspeed are very important to me. I saw a few videos on greenhouse/hydroponics/aquaponics controllers based on the Arduino board.

So far I'm only at the blinking LED stage but am excited to be tinkering around again.

davenn

Hey there Tannim

Welcome to Electronics Point.
Didnt quite get to Chicargo during my last visit to the USA. Most of the time was spent in "tornado alley" :)

cheers
Dave