Maker Pro
Maker Pro

handyman component tester

a component on the circuit board shorted out, the markings on it is 6086 156k +15k could be a tvr but i can find no info or sub, can anybody help. Thanks

Thank you for taking interest, not well up in computers will have to get some help to post picture , i will describe the component its brown in colour axial with 2 leads its about 10mm long x 5 mm round with cone on one end, has circular indent at one end, there is a plus sign on circuit board and with c7 marked on circuit board. Thanks

davenn

Thank you for taking interest, not well up in computers will have to get some help to post picture , i will describe the component its brown in colour axial with 2 leads its about 10mm long x 5 mm round with cone on one end, has circular indent at one end, there is a plus sign on circuit board and with c7 marked on circuit board. Thanks

and you gave all except the important info

WHAT markings are on it ?
if the ones in your first post, it doesn't really make much sense

please get a pic posted

ThNKS TO ALL FOR ADVISE ETC AND YOU WERE RIGHT- IT IS A CAPACITOR TANTALUM MOLDED, FOUND INFO ON WEB KEMET CAPACITORS PAGE 43 NOT SURE IF I AM READING IT RIGHT 15UF 25V CAN ANYONE VERIFY. THANKS,

my C1 blew but is the same number as C7. mine says 173D+ 156K 20v+ 9123 2 (the 2 is inside a circle) it looks like a vishay capacitor. any feedback? i dont do a lot of capacitor replacement so i need a little help as well. looks like the same parts as roisin but different numbers on the part? my handman is older....15years or so. says "clark" on it.

Hello. if you look on the net for kemet tantalum molded/axial capacitors you will find a reference how to decode those numbers also it gives capacitor outline drawings, would be interesting to know result.

never trust a device that has blown caps in the past.
those that may blow caps in the future are ok...

MODERATOR NOTE: Please ignore tedstruck. He spouts nonsense continually and is very near earning himself another holiday.

Last edited by a moderator: