Maker Pro
Maker Pro

Would you mind to share your wood burning works?

Hi. Everyone, I am a newbie here, and a newbie in wood burning. My grandpa was good at wood burning, but he passed away when I am a little boy...

He is my idol, and I want to be a man like him. So I start to learn wood burning and buy a burning kit now. [mod edit: link to rickroll deleted]

Hope I can succeed.

My first thread, No idea if I post it in the wrong place.

Is there anybody who is good at wood burning/ Pyrography? Would you mind to share your works?

Thanks

Last edited by a moderator:

davenn

hi ya,

Firstly, I have moved your thread to a more appropriate part of the forum :)

Secondly, cool, I had a feeling, long ago there was another member that did that hobby
Look forward to seeing some of your creations :)

seasons greetings
Dave

Hi, pyrocrafting is a great hobby just like drawing or painting. But the individual person who creates these pieces is also very creative and naturally good. Unfortunately for me, I am not creative so cannot draw or paint. The Lichtenberg style of fractal burning gets my attention as I don’t have to be creative. It creates it’s own path.
But what I have done many times is cheat!!.
For house names, horse names, table tops etc is to first trace out the art on the chosen wood/plank. Rout out the desired art, letters and or numbers and then use a gas torch to burn it. Then a good sanding and sealer. Looks great but hardly creative!.
Many tutorials on Youtube.

Martin

Last edited by a moderator:
hi ya,

Firstly, I have moved your thread to a more appropriate part of the forum :)

Secondly, cool, I had a feeling, long ago there was another member that did that hobby
Look forward to seeing some of your creations :)

seasons greetings
Dave
Thank you so much!

Hi, pyrocrafting is a great hobby just like drawing or painting. But the individual person who creates these pieces is also very creative and naturally good. Unfortunately for me, I am not creative so cannot draw or paint. The Lichtenberg style of fractal burning gets my attention as I don’t have to be creative. It creates it’s own path.
But what I have done many times is cheat!!.
For house names, horse names, table tops etc is to first trace out the art on the chosen wood/plank. Rout out the desired art, letters and or numbers and then use a gas torch to burn it. Then a good sanding and sealer. Looks great but hardly creative!.
Many tutorials on Youtube.

Martin

Thank you! When I have more works, I will share it with your guys here. My new wood burning machine, my new friend, I will create more and better works with it. New challenge for me.
pic.jpg.c0e2d9e4d21f2b3150992111574486c4.jpg
8e50ff28a7b0b82719badc40588faf98.jpg