Maker Pro
Maker Pro

What can I use instead of AWG22 cable?

(*steve*)

¡sǝpodᴉʇuɐ ǝɥʇ ɹɐǝɥd
Not quite electronics, but hey.

What material is the underside of the cupboard? Maybe your local hardware store can suggest something. Failing that araldite?

The surface might not have been clean enough, but unfortunately not all types of double-sided tape is very good. Either replace the tape with a known good type, or use some clear silicone (just in a few spots).

Not electronics as such but its nice to complete a project fully. Somebody might have tucked cables etc under cupboards regularly. Bottom was very clean as it was fitted with pvc foam sheeting to give a uniform look. I will try the dabs of silicone along several points.

The other reason for asking on here is incase somebody said don't use a certain type of glue with this sort of circuit.

Yes, it aint done till it's done.
Vinegar-smelling silicones are not entirely safe to use for encapsulating bare & operating electronics/conductors (acid), but I expect the LED strip to be somewhat insulated - even a layer of varnish will do. After it sets it's completely safe anyway though.
Silicone is incredibly tough & reliable as a glue, & if you use too much of it you'll regret it the day you might have to remove what you put up.