Maker Pro
Maker Pro

trying to build a led sight light

I'm new to this..lol.. Does anyone know what this box is called and where I can get one? It uses 2 2032 batteries..

Attachments

• ResizedImage_1387855297992.jpg
    ResizedImage_1387855297992.jpg
    124 KB · Views: 139

(*steve*)

¡sǝpodᴉʇuɐ ǝɥʇ ɹɐǝɥd
Is this some sort of puzzle?

Why are you asking this question?

What do you know about this device?

Have you tried an archery forum?

No this Is not a puzzle, I'm trying to build this light for my sight.. What I know about it , is that the device, is the brightness can be turned up and down.. It Runs on 2 2032 batteries.. I have looked all over for one.. Thought maybe someone on here might know what this device is.. I was hoping to build one iinstead of paying 120.00 for one.. so if someone could help me with this it would be great!!

davenn

hi jackal11

we have no idea what its supposed to do
that's why Steve asked if you had enquired on an archery forum?

all we can see is it has 4 pushbutton switches and a low battery indicator
if you cannot tell us exactly what it does, what the switches are for,
how do you expect us to show you a working circuit ?
we have no idea what circuitry is inside the box and if it connects to anything outside the box ???

if you can help us a lot more with lots of info, someone here may be able to help you :)

cheers
Dave

It has 2 wires that come out of the box that run a LED light or uv light to light up my archery sight.. I made one with a 9v battery box with an on of switch..but the one I posted the pic of, you can make the light brighter or dimmer with the to front buttons.. The buttons toward the back work like timers that you can adjust how long the light is on.. Like I said new to this..lol.. I thought maybe someone new what this box is and where I could get one.. Or a bow that I could use that is small like this one, that is adjustable.. Where I could turn the up brighter or make it dimmer

davenn

OK that's a little more info, thanks :)

so all the LED is doing is shining down onto a section of the bow

there are ways to increase and decrease a LED brightness
some of the guys would probably siggest a small microprocessor like a PIC etc
This would involve you being able to do the programming of the chip if you were given the code.

The project isnt quite as easy as it looks ... OK :)

lets see if anyone has any specific suggestions

cheers
Dave

Yes the led would shine down on a length of fiber optic pin on my sight.. ton light it up.. I built one before with a 9v battery box.. But it just had one setting.. Would like to be able to adjust how bright or dim it is for different light conditions.. So I thought maybe there was a box out there that I could buy, that could be adjusted to make it brighter or dimmer when needed.. Was hoping someone would know what this box was called so I could buy one..

hey jackal just of the top of my head I would try a PWM kit.
if you have one already that turns on/off with switch then you could probably just add the kit into the circuit.
on the other hand if you crack open that box we could probably identify what went wrong and give you an idea on how to repair it

Donkey, there's nothing wrong with this one. I'm trying to find out what this box is, so I can try to build this same kind of set up for my bow.. Or where I could find a box similar to this.. Looking for some kind of battery operated box like 9v or smaller (this has 2 2023 batteries in it) that has a on/off and a way to brighten or dim the led light.. Thanks