Maker Pro
Maker Pro

Tacx T2240 turbo trainer - blown resistor

Hi all, does anyone by any chance got a schematics for the T2180. The donor I bought was supposed to be a broken, never repaired, but it is missing a bunch of components:
  • C31
  • C34
  • C49
  • C50
  • X2
  • D12
  • T8
  • R73

Hi all, does anyone by any chance got a schematics for the T2180. The donor I bought was supposed to be a broken, never repaired, but it is missing a bunch of components:
  • C31
  • C34
  • C49
  • C50
  • X2
  • D12
  • T8
  • R73
May be not missing, rather it wasn’t populated.
Do you see evidence of component removal? ie flux or solder residue?.
Quite common for many reasons, usually features etc not present on that units model number or revision.

Martin

May be not missing, rather it wasn’t populated.
Do you see evidence of component removal? ie flux or solder residue?.
Quite common for many reasons, usually features etc not present on that units model number or revision.

Martin
Yeah the solder mask is as good as it would be should the components were never populated.
There is some flux residue around some items, few components are badly soldered on. Also all the above are on the other vortex I have which is working.

The caps and resistors I can find out by removing the ones from working vortex, but I thought I'll ask for schematics - rather not touch the working one if I can. That still leaves the:
  • X2 - K413AD written on it on the working board
https://ibb.co/mcYxnsS
  • D12 - looks like a 5W 48V Zenner diode, but I am not certain, Z5W 48 written faintly on it
  • T8 - this is super ambiguous, it looks like 9D P
https://ibb.co/M5CyGL2

For some reason I can't upload the photos so a link to ImgBB

Hi All,

I also have a Tacx Vortex T2180 Turbo trainer, and like everyone else on this forum it stopped work without warning. On inspection the R64 (27ohm) resistor had blown.
1st try I replaced:
  • R64 27ohm
  • T5 Mosfet
  • R57 3.3 ohm
I then powered it up and it blew R64 again! :(

Looking closer at the board I found that R32 had gone open circuit. So I replaced R32 (0.22 ohm R220) and all the above components again and now it works!! :)

I couldn't find a supplier of surface mounted 0.22 ohm R220 resistors in quantities less than 5000. So I bought a standard (through hole) resistor and soldered it onto the board. Not the most elegant of repairs, but it works.

Good luck fixing