Maker Pro
Maker Pro

Supercapacitors as an alternative for electric bike battery

Hello all. I'm new here. I was wondering on how can we exhaust more the use of supercapacitor module (48V, 165F) on an electric bicycle with a motor rating of 350W, 48V battery, 30-35kph max speed. After replacing the battery with our supercapacitor, the e-bike worked fine but upon reaching 43-42V, starts slowing down until the motor finally stops at 41.7-41.9V. Is there a way on each we can drain the remaining energy of the supercapacitor (e-bike continues to drive) for at least lower than 10-30V? Can we use 24-48V dc-dc converter or voltage regulator? If yes, could we get help in knowing the specs and components that we need to create them or is there somewhere we can buy online? Thank you so much! Really hoping for a solution. :)

Hello all. I'm new here. I was wondering on how can we exhaust more the use of supercapacitor module (48V, 165F) on an electric bicycle with a motor rating of 350W, 48V battery, 30-35kph max speed. After replacing the battery with our supercapacitor, the e-bike worked fine but upon reaching 43-42V, starts slowing down until the motor finally stops at 41.7-41.9V. Is there a way on each we can drain the remaining energy of the supercapacitor (e-bike continues to drive) for at least lower than 10-30V? Can we use 24-48V dc-dc converter or voltage regulator? If yes, could we get help in knowing the specs and components that we need to create them or is there somewhere we can buy online? Thank you so much! Really hoping for a solution. :)
You will need to use a DC-DC Boost converter... but you must also keep in mind that as the voltage drops in the capacitor, the converter will draw more current from the capacitor to compensate draining it even faster!
They can be found online pre-built and are either adjustable or pre-set.
Depending on the current you need, you may have to build your own though.