Maker Pro
Maker Pro

Strategy game "GO" board

Hello everybody,

I'm newbie (19 y.o.) and going for my first project witch will be electronic strategy game "GO" 9x9 board. Hopefully it will became 19x19 board one day.

Two players, two colors led (81 total), microcontroller, led drivers, capacitive buttons, LCD screen showing each player's territory.

I'm at starting point, reading bunch of datasheets, searching for best and cheap components, trying to build good scheme.

Hoping for any help, similar projects, helpful links, tutorials or any advises will be grateful.

(*steve*)

¡sǝpodᴉʇuɐ ǝɥʇ ɹɐǝɥd
I'd be learning to program a microcontroller.

And I'd be investigating how to drive a large array of LEDs and sense from a large array of capacitive switches.

Last edited:

Fish4Fun

So long, and Thanks for all the Fish!
Johnyy,

"Games" are a tough place to "start" with uControllers. I would strongly urge you to start with something like Visual Basic and write the game for a PC platform. That may well prove a larger task than you are thinking, but in any case will help you define exactly what you will need to do with the uController.

In a "high level language" like VB, you don't have to worry about all of the "nitty-gritty details", you just have to work out the logic. When you have your game "working" in VB, you might consider re-writing it in "C". "C" is semi-portable across platforms, and would be considerably easier to re-write for a uController.

Good Luck!

Fish

(*steve*)

¡sǝpodᴉʇuɐ ǝɥʇ ɹɐǝɥd
Of course it depends on whether you're designing a system to play GO against you, or to allow 2 people to play on an electronic board.

The latter is far easier.