Maker Pro
Maker Pro

Splatter in relay

There is some splatter inside this relay, is this normal? What kind of fluid is it? Should I replace it? It appears to be working normally.
view

https://drive.google.com/file/d/13YJjhDDbB670sxLTWm_y1NpjQM5zOQXL/view?usp=sharing

So is it grease or something? It came from inside the relay, I didn't realize they contained any type of fluids. I could see the point of greasing the moving parts during manufacturing but this one must have really gotten it.

The plasticiser in some plastic/rubber parts can separate out into a gooey mess over time, but I'd be surprised if such parts were present in a relay of the type shown.

I have no clue.

Normally they don't. Maybe a residue from washing the PCB after soldering? Moisture from condensation?
This explanation seems most logical. I knowingly used an "ice cube" type (removable cover) relay in an application which exposed the relay to the weather elements. I constructed a rain cover but it was the airborne particles that crept thru the minuscule openings. I was quite surprised how much dirt accumulated inside the relay's enclosure, so quickly, as to inhibit proper action of the relay. The removable cover made for easy cleaning. Most definitely de-energize circuitry before cleaning components.