---------------------------
5A 240VAC
5A 28VDC
--------------------
There is a paste on the internal file written on it
12VDC
---
File connection points 13-14
The question is, can I connect it directly to AC electricity?RELAY Omron MY2 (1) (1).jpg

Not the coil. The coil is rated for 12 VDC as rated.

Contacts yes, to turn on a load, seem to be rated for 5A. That would be
a series connection to load.

Regards, Dana.

Normally on Omron relays, they have the terminal diagram on the side of the cover.
The bottom left terminal pair in the picture is the coil. you can see what appears to be a LED indicator connected to it on the RH side .

BTW, if it does have the LED indicator as it appears, the correct 12vdc coil polarity has to be observed.
All the Omron cube relays i have used, have the diagram/legend of the connections on the top of the cover

Greetings to all, thank you all for the replies

What do I mean, can the relay be connected to an alternating current source between point 13 and 14

Regards, ADEL

Attachments

• RELAY Omron MY2.PNG
    RELAY Omron MY2.PNG
    842.8 KB · Views: 10
AS PREVIOUSLY ADVISED THE COIL IS 12VDC, NOT AC.

GET A RELAY WITH AN AC COIL OF THE CORRECT VOLTAGE IF YOU WANT TO CONNECT AC TO THE COIL ON TERMINALS 13 AND 14.

AND YES THIS REPLY IS IN CAPITALS FOR A REASON!

If you only have an AC source, then use a small bridge rectifier to supply the coil.
Observe the right polarity.

Because inductive reactance, you would have to put in more VAC than VDC. The peak DC voltages will be 1.414V higher than the ACRMS voltage. Either unusually large peak could damage the integrated LED, most likely the reverse half cycle.

Also many fake OMRONs out there, ONROM, OMRQN. I accidentally bought thirty or so. They do work, but coils vary more than expected. DC will be safer than guessing current into an unknown reactance.

Last edited: