Maker Pro
Maker Pro

Sound Sensor Project

We need help for our project. It is about sound sensor and we are asked to measure the decibel of the sound detected by the sensor.

Can somebody suggest ideas or ways on how we can built this?

Thanks in advance.

(*steve*)

¡sǝpodᴉʇuɐ ǝɥʇ ɹɐǝɥd
you need to amplify the signal from the sensor, rectify it, and display the average voltage on a logarithmic scale.

Doing the log conversion in hardware so as to make the readings linear would expand the range over which you could make measurements

We need help for our project. ...we are asked to measure...
Sounds like a class project. I have been out of university for many years, just out of curiosity, what level class are they assigning projects of this complexity in?

---55p

Sounds like a class project. I have been out of university for many years, just out of curiosity, what level class are they assigning projects of this complexity in?

---55p

It's a project for our electronics 3 laboratory. It's below the level of a thesis project. can you help us figure out on what to do?? materials etc.? we are given a week to complete the necessary project. The project's main goal is to measure the sound level (decibels) that the sensor has detected. Please reply asap. thanks :D

Yes, I can figure out how to do it. I have done something similar that is still in production. But I won't be helping you.

Some of us do not facilitate cheating on class projects.

Bad luck!

---55p