Maker Pro
Maker Pro

Sit / Stand Desk Control System

Hi All,

Hoping to figure out a way to repair my sit/stand desk. It's about 10 years old now, and I think they do not manufacture the motor anymore.

It's a spzx8b1-cu Control System, manufactured by Maruni. I'm not sure why, exactly, but the control box stopped working consistently awhile back. In a desparate move a few years ago, I physically smacked the control box and suddenly, it started working again. Then, I forgot about it. I moved my desk this last week, and bam, the desk was stuck in the lowest position, and I'm getting nothing from the control box. I actually had to put the desk up on pavers just to use it in a sitting position.

Is there any advice that someone could give about how to get the box repaired, or otherwise get it working again. I've tried all the standard reset procedures, and nothing works. Most local computer, appliance repair places say they won't do the work. One put in a call to the furniture store I bought it from, and they are trying to help, but I have my doubts they'll be able to do anything. Most sit / stand desks these days are much smaller than this one which is 78x40 and requires a beast to both sit on, and lift up and down.

Thanks!

No help here, but maybe some explanation.
If it started working again in the past after a little percussive maintenence then likely something lis oose that should not be. Possible an old solder joint that needs resoldering. Perhaps a connector loose, but maybe less likely.
Where I am, most repair places have moved to a model of replacement module or board-level parts only. That is, labour rates are too high and number of different device types is too high to make actual repairs economic. But there are exceptions.
The desks some use in my organisation are a simple external power supply providing 12volts to a controller. If the controller is low voltage, like that, then working on it can be safe enough with care, when the poer is disconnected. If the controller is high voltage, that is, has mains voltage into it,.then it's a job for experts.
Couldn't see details of the number you posted with a quick search.

I've attached a pic here.

There doesn't seem to be anyone who will attempt a repair locally. It's too bad. This thing moves a desk that's worth a lot, and doesn't really need to be replaced.

Attachments

• SPZX8-CU.jpg
    SPZX8-CU.jpg
    199.5 KB · Views: 5