Maker Pro
Maker Pro

Satellite receiver Power supply higher voltages output

This power supply output voltages is higher than it should be, what could be the cause
Standard voltage actual voltage
23V = 32V
12V = 18.5V
3V = 7 V
Next 3V = unstable 0.5 to 1.6 V
5 V = unstable 6.8V to 7V

Perhaps but it might be different if you use the black probe on the reference "GND" that is adjacent to each 3v3, 5v and 12v etc.
23v is the far right, not the second as you have marked.

Which meter range are you using?

Edit...Cirkit...beat me by .......that much) :)

Meter on dc range..?
Meter tests ok..?
unusual for any reading to go higher than normal (within tolerances)
Input voltage/frequency match input requirements..?
Board looks to have been pretty warm around the switcher ic and associated bits.

Last edited:
Meter on dc range..?
yes

Meter tests ok..?
yes

Input voltage/frequency match input requirements..?
yes

Board looks to have been pretty warm around the switcher ic and associated bits.
although it's working and there's an output voltage

i need to know the cause of the higher output voltage, cause it cause the receiver to hang up while working or give me "searching for signal" for some channels

What voltage do you measure at IC1? Does the capacitor next to it have a domed top - hard to tell from the photo angle?

Have you tested all the output diodes?

Look for details on the switcher (5L0365R) which should bring up a data sheet and a load of schematics.
Perhaps not exactly the same as your board but enough to get an idea of the layout.
I found a couple of videos but mostly Russian/Vietnamese so not much help but it does show it is a fairly common type of board.

Last edited:
how to tell if it's?

Can you read the markings off the flat side of the component?

You will need to trace the resistors that form a potential divider for that IC. Watch the video above, you are looking for the equivalent to R204 and R205 connected in the same way to IC1 on your board.

i also have tested the big cap 47uf 400V and it gave me 36uf, is that acceptable? and can it cause such higher voltage in the output ?

Now find the two resistors that form the potential divider for that part.

How did you measure the capacitor? Was it discharged first, in-circuit?