Maker Pro
Maker Pro

RF module not working at all. What am I doing wrong?

Thanks. I have one final question... I will need a replacement remote. I have no idea how , but it appears that shortly after confirming everything works, I wanted to do a range test, and the controller is just... gone. Like I practically turned my apartment inside out (did a nice bit of cleaning, too) and I cannot find it.

I guess my question would be related to buying a replacement and programming it, but I think the instructions say it is possible. At any rate I will be ordering more of these little things, they're cool and I can think of plenty of other neat ideas for them.

It sounds like the Tx and Rx are bound together as you say the relay clicks.
Never-the-less instructions are below in your link if needed.

From my reply #2..........
The Tx units can be bound with any of the receivers following the instructions.
Best to print it out and keep it onhand as you will forget.

Yo, just giving an update. The identical module I ordered just arrived and the two replacement controllers (I will make sure I do not lose either this time!) and I decided to try the different thing you mentioned last time... as in using the switch just as a switch to complete a circuit and not all be powered by a single battery.

And it worked! What I did was connect my 9V to the module, but I connected the negative of the 12v button cell pack I made into the Common terminal and the negative of the buzzer into the NO terminal, and I tied the positive of the battery pack and the buzzer together.

And it worked! It turns on and off with a single click and I don't have to worry about overcharging my RF module!

Your suggestion of buying some 12v battery packs got me thinking. I did have some extra D-cell batteries lying around, and I decided to try soldering them together to make a battery pack. I put 4 in them and tested them. I got 6 volts. I did the same thing again with 12 AAA batteries that I got for a few dollars last month just to try and solder them together. I got 18.5 volts running from them (don't know about current yet. But it'll be more than two 9vs that's for sure).