Maker Pro
Maker Pro

represent the above sentences in first order predicate logic

“The department of electronics and computer engineering offers two undergraduate courses, computer engineering and electronics and communication engineering. Almost 75% of those courses are similar. If the students of any of those engineering programs study another one year more can be eligible to get both degrees. Only some of them may be interested to get bachelor in computer, electronics, and communication engineering.”

My confusions here-:
1) How to represent 75% of courses?
2) How to represent student study one more year?

Harald Kapp

My confusions here-:
You git me confused, too. I think the answer is in the description.

1) How to represent 75% of courses?
75 % = 3/4.
Meaning that the remaining 1/4 of course content differs between these two courses.
2) How to represent student study one more year?
If the students of any of those engineering programs study another one year more can be eligible to get both degrees.
The grammar of this sentence escapes me. Are you sure you typed this sentence correctly?

Can you give us the parts you can do, so we have an idea of the specific syntax you are using and expecting.
Predicate logic includes quantifiers, but usually things such as there exists (∃) & for all (∀). I am not an expert at this, but if your question is on how to express an exact quantifier, I also do not know. Other may. (hint, hint to "others")
For the year quantifier, I suspect that you can represent ">1".

I presume that you have also tried other forums that more often get logic questions?

You git me confused, too. I think the answer is in the description.

75 % = 3/4.
Meaning that the remaining 1/4 of course content differs between these two courses.

The grammar of this sentence escapes me. Are you sure you typed this sentence correctly?
yeah everything is fine here it is nepal so grammatical mistakes could be common in exams.
i need to represent them in first order predicate logic bro.

Can you give us the parts you can do, so we have an idea of the specific syntax you are using and expecting.
Predicate logic includes quantifiers, but usually things such as there exists (∃) & for all (∀). I am not an expert at this, but if your question is on how to express an exact quantifier, I also do not know. Other may. (hint, hint to "others")
For the year quantifier, I suspect that you can represent ">1".

I presume that you have also tried other forums that more often get logic questions?
there are no logic forums imo.only stackexchange is there. i will ask there soon.

first order predicate logic
The wikipedia page on first order predicate logic says that there are multiple syntax options used in different places.
No worries. It is common to learn something and believe that the syntax you learned is the only one possible or the approach you learned the only possible approach.
I'd also guess that stack exchange might be a good bet. Someone here may yet rise to the challenge.
Hope it works for you.