Maker Pro
Maker Pro

random motor control

Hello everyone, I'm hoping you guys can help me out on a small project I am trying to build.

I have a turn table that is powered by a 12V DC motor.

I would like to build a circuit that would randomize the direct and also the run and stop time for the motor.

I would like the run time to be varied from 0 seconds to 30 seconds, the stop time to be 1 to 5 seconds, and that also to be a random variable that is always changing, and would like to be able to change the random duration.

so basically I would like the table to run forward direction for 0 to 30 seconds (random and different each time), then stop for 1 to 5 seconds(random and different each time), then when it restarts it could run forward or backwards. everything being random.

Motor direction will be controled with realys so the circuit will only have to handle energizing the coils of the ice cubes.

This all has to run off 12volts DC

If anyone has seen the cat laser towers that spin around randomly that is kind of what I'm looking for but I need a pause between direction change due to turning mass on the table

Thanks guys,
Sparky

What are you asking? Are you looking for someone to build it or someone to tell you how to build it?

It's a few minutes of coding on a µ-chip, and then just some transistors and relays hooked to the µ-chips output ports... But, if you don't have the experience or tools to use µ-chips, it really complicates things...

Looking for help on how to build it. I don't have alot of electronics experience. I have a very strong electric background. I have built a few small projects but always willing to learn and try.

Or if someone out there is willing to build it for me for a small fee I'd be interested it that too.

Actually building it around a µ is easy, it's only a few components, the problem arises in writing and loading the firmware into the µ to make it function...

That is where devices like the Arduino come in handy for the newbie, but it's still a learning curve...

As for building it for a 'small' fee 'small' is really arbitrary... A professional design company will charge several hundreds of dollars to deliver a prototype, a hobbiest might charge less, but few work for free or bellow what they could make flippin' burgers...