Maker Pro
Maker Pro

Oscilloscope Reticle Alumination Miniature Lamp Availability

Gentlemen:
I have a Phillips PM3335 Scope that has a blown miniature reticle illumination lamp. The number of the existing lamp is M6628V 80Ma. There are lamps on e-bay that look the same, are 28volts but are rated at .04 Amps. I see others from various sources that have ratings of 1 Amp. I have exhausted Allied, Digikey and others. Looks like the introduction of LED's has caused these aircraft style lamps to be obsolete.

I believe the current rating is related to how bright the lamp will end up illuminating.

The only other thing I was thinking of doing would be to come up with an LED circuit that I could adjust the illumination level to. This would be somewhat of a project but don't want to end up buying an alternate bulb that would end-up being either too bright or not bright enough.

Anyone here know of a better lamp source or have information on what I can expect out of the bulbs I've found so far?
Thank you... Tom

Hi, are you sure the existing lamp is of the correct type for the graticule?.
I have the Fluke PM 3092 200MHz 4 channel.

Anyway, I found this while researching mine. 'quote'...

The PM3335 CRT scale illumination used a 24 Volt midget flange base CM8176 lamp. The new lamp was not nearly bright enough for my liking, so I retrofitted a Luxeon 2700K 5630 LED mounted on a brass "bullet" heatsink pressed into a CM midget flange base, which fits the original socket. The LED is sourced by a new variable constant current supply that is controlled by a zero to +10 Volt signal from the original front panel scale illumination control.

May be this helps you or not...

Martin