Maker Pro
Maker Pro

Old CRT TV - Can't regulate volume, brightness etc.

Hello all!
I have an old Crt TV but mistakenly I touched some pins of the micro controller that handles the remote and the keyboard buttons.
The TV shut down then I switched on again but now the remote controller has no effect and the only buttons that work are for changing channel but cannot set volume ,brightness etc anymore.
Before I touched the pins all worked perfectly.

May the micro controller got somehow corrupted ?
And if so changing it with same model may solve the problem or these things are programmed by the tv manufacturer so the new controller would do nothing at all ?

Big thanks!!

Harald Kapp

Not somehow but by your touching the pins.
changing it with same model may solve the problem or these things are programmed by the tv manufacturer so the new controller would do nothing at all ?
You suspect correctly that you would need a programmed microcontroller. Unless this is standard model for keyboard and remote control, you'll be hard pressed to find one.
State the type of he component, better yet upload a photo (y 300 kB) to this forum so we know what we are dealing with.

corrupted . . . . .CORRUPTED . . . . .CORRUPTED . . . . .CORRUPTED . . . . .CORRUPTED !
Frankly, I think that you blew the holy hell out of a portion of it !

One step up from the dumbness of referring to a " car ", would be a " Ford car ".
That's now making a REAL defining reference

Now . . . . . what is the BRAND and MODEL number of that CRT based
television that you have . . . . . give us a break.

Or I'm just gonna have to give your wanted and my exacting reply of just getting a

M37272MA-314SP to replace it with and BAMMMMMMMMMM like magic,
NO programming,or nothing and all is working fine again.

Hello, thank you for the reply.
The microcontroller is marked "Siemens SDA2011A007" and the TV is a Grundig CUC 2401.

Attachments

• ic.jpg
    ic.jpg
    303.7 KB · Views: 9
Last edited:

bertus

Hello,

As far as I can tell the SDA2011 is an 8 bit microprocessor with 2K rom and 64 byte ram.
The A007 is likely an indication wich program is stored in the rom.
From a list:
SDA2000 series.png

Bertus

Hello,

As far as I can tell the SDA2011 is an 8 bit microprocessor with 2K rom and 64 byte ram.
The A007 is likely an indication wich program is stored in the rom.
Bertus
So if I replace it with an SDA2011A007 it should already have the right program installed ?

Harald Kapp

In this case I disagree. According to this databook it is a dedicated chip from a family of chips, the SDA200 series:
7. IR remote control receiver SDA 2007
The device is a further development of the types SAB 3209 and SAB 4209. Like those, it
utilizes the proven biphase code for IR transmission and, therefore, it can be applied with
the SAB 3210 or SDA 2008 as IR instruction generator. It is, in particular, designed for
operation in connection with the tuning system SDA 200. The program memory has, therefore,
been relocated from the remote control receiver to the channel processor SDA 2003.
Particulars:
2 combined series interfaces with common DATA line for information transfer (leading bit
LB = H and 6 information bits A, B, C, D, E, and F). Distinction is made by the enable
signals OLE and TE (7 pulses, each, i.e. 1 pulse/bit). Modification is possible through the
outputs of the TUS 1/2 flip-flops, thus different groups of equipment such as teletext decoder
and the VCR device can be addressed precisely. H level at one of the TUS outputs
drops the OLE pulses (OLE = L) out and switches the TE output over to single mode
operation. For a better adaptation to a microprocessor the output is now executed by
means of 4 T osc/bit (64 µs/bit at 62.5 kHz).
During the "standby" status (ON/OFF = H), all outputs of the 4 analog memories VOLU,
BRIG, COLO and CONT are kept on L level. Corrective instructions (instruction Nos. 8 to
15) will then not be executed, i.e. the last set status of the analog memories is retained.
The connection VPM, included in the volume memory VOLU, is provided for front end controlling,
which acts like the instructions "volume+" and "volume-", respectively.
2 spare outputs, controlled by 2 alternating flip-flops with different quiescent levels open
up additional individual applications (e.g. clock time display).
upload_2021-11-29_6-50-39.png

The problem may be to find a spare chip.