Maker Pro
Maker Pro

Need help finding the right cap

So I'm looking for the gray cap film in the picture below . I cross referenced the # on it and ordered what I thought was right. What I recieved is in the other picture the white cap film, basically double the body size and the legs coming off are to short. So what I need is the gray one in the picture can anyone help this novice. Lol

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    65.2 KB · Views: 166
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    53.7 KB · Views: 121

KrisBlueNZ

Sadly passed away in 2015
The replacement is "right" in that it has the right value and type; it just has a different colour, size and lead length. If you really need a replacement that looks exactly the same, tell us the size of the original (all three dimensions) and we can try to find the closest match.

My incompetence of components is really gonna show here cause I know it's measured a different way but all I have is a tape rule. The body is 1/4 x 1/4 square and about a 1/16 thick. The leads look to be a 1/2 long maybe longer cause it's already soldered to other components on the bread board.
What's the true tool used to measure components ? Calibrator?

My incompetence of components is really gonna show here cause I know it's measured a different way but all I have is a tape rule. The body is 1/4 x 1/4 square and about a 1/16 thick. The leads look to be a 1/2 long maybe longer cause it's already soldered to other components on the bread board.
What's the true tool used to measure components ? Calibrator?

Vernier caliper. I assume you meant dimensions?
Adam