Maker Pro
Maker Pro

Naxa NT-520k board # is (CV3458H-A50) student here needs help :)

2 problems need to be solved

1) My TV past the Flashlight test, However I would like to know using my Multipurpose LED Tester, My Leds do light up on my TV, that only has one line (2 wires). Red and black,

The Led tester shows the LED does light up and shows aprox 140 volts, does that mean i do not have to take the TV further apart and examine the LED strips?

2)
My Naxa NT-520k board # is (CV3458H-A50),Passes the flashlight test, so i rule out the T-con Board yea? The TV has sound but no back light

I do not know much about this board and i do not have a lot of experience trouble shooting
but i do know the TV Board wont put out enough voltage for the Backlit to go on

i bought another board but by accident i shorted something out and do not know where to look first as i do not see any glass fuses.the board supplied voltage but then the TV would turn off again,

Thank You

Attachments

• 55 naxa.jpg
    55 naxa.jpg
    54.1 KB · Views: 4
Sir wizard-zoso . . . . . ( E w w w w w w . . . . .( With its W . I . Z . A . R . D aspect, being received / conceived / expressed with a definitive panaceim of fright ! )

OH ! . . .I see . . .you Amerikanski . . . . . . . .HOW YOU ?

Finding no relevant model NT-520k info, am I correct in the suspicion that this is being a 13'ish inch size of screen and made in China.
Since, it doesn't research out . . . . . any too good.

You say . . .
Multipurpose LED Tester, My Leds do light up on my TV, that only has one line (2 wires). Red and black,
So, with that tester supplying its OWN internal power supply to the LED strip you tested,and lit up, that implies that there is not power coming to the LED strip from the LED power supply on the Tee Wee chassis.

My Naxa NT-520k board # is (CV3458H-A50),Passes the flashlight test
Can I interpret that . . . as that by using the indirect reflected light from the flashlight, that you are then able to make out the subdued video display on the TV screen ?
YOU GOTS A PICTOOR !

Two things I now want to point out . . . . .

Initially, start at extreme top left corner and drop down the left side until you come up on the bottom left corners cluster of a YELLOW X2
poly cap and two adjunct line choke / baluns and a reddish brown rectangular AC line fuse housing / case and a nearby round, green, line surge input thermistor .
Now my point of interest is being that white rectangular plug to its left . . . . ( it's being mounted askew . . .to board geometry ) . . . . . since that is the type of connector usually found used for connecting the back light supply wire(s) from the power source to a back light.
Particularly on the older CFL tubes and likely being a carryover to newer LED.
( Probably because the storage warehouse had so many surplus in stock at the CFL to LED conversion time.)
Now go back to the top left corner and I suspect that YELLOW transformer, being responsible for the power supply to your back light.
See if you can track your LED back light wires as ending at this specific area .

If not finding it there, I rely upon you to track down that LED supply wire to its end power source area and it should have a / some ? 100 volt'ish rated E-cap(s) very nearby for use as its DC filtering.
Additionally, around the board, I can see one open balun and two YELLOW and one black transformer that also might be candidates for that specific / separate LED supply. . . . . . . if that initial guess was incorrect.
I now turn the parts search aspect back to you.
If this is a smaller LCD screen, it usually will split up the LEDs and have strips, both, across the top and across the bottom to then have the LED's beam , edge lighting INTO the tapered clear plexiglass molded interply.

You say . . .

i bought another board but by accident i shorted something out and do not know where to look first as i do not see any glass fuses.the board supplied voltage but then the TV would turn off again,

For the sake of simplicity, first you check ALL of the power diodes and power FET's / Transistors found on the board to see if your boo-boo didn't leave any of them dead shorted, then, hopefully, you will find . . . . .
My earlier mentioned reddish brown, rectangular block fuse, has blown up into an open circuit.

In my final cursory overall examination of the board I am now running around and assuming / assigning connectors functions . . . . that is, until I get to the final end right top corner and that connector and its proximity to 2 power rectifiers and E-cap . . . . along with this possibly being a small screen unit . . . . is that possibly being a DC connector for 12V DC battery operation of this unit ?

Now, lets consult this other board shot.

SUPPLEMENTAL MAIN BOARD REFERENCING . . . . .
or
( SUPER mag . . . option . . . off site
https://i.ebayimg.com/images/g/bloAAOSwxPRgKtI4/s-l1600.jpg )

And this one sort of backfired on me, since the person took a pic that is not quite being in good focus.
Now, of the two . . .mouse cursor click on . . . . mag options, use the smaller option . . .which is still being HUGE . . . . . as compared to your initial small pics offering.
Then use the mouse activated bottom and right side bars to slide the image across the screen.

s-l1600.jpg

73's de Edd . . . . .

Just remember,
that once you're over the hill,
you then rapidly begin to pick up speed.
( I can positively vouch for that ! )

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Last edited:
Sir wizard-zoso . . . . . ( E w w w w w w . . . . .( With its W . I . Z . A . R . D aspect, being received / conceived / expressed with a definitive panaceim of fright ! )

OH ! . . .I see . . .you Amerikanski . . . . . . . .HOW YOU ?

Finding no relevant model NT-520k info, am I correct in the suspicion that this is being a 13'ish inch size of screen and made in China.
Since, it doesn't research out . . . . . any too good.

You say . . .
Multipurpose LED Tester, My Leds do light up on my TV, that only has one line (2 wires). Red and black,
So, with that tester supplying its OWN internal power supply to the LED strip you tested,and lit up, that implies that there is not power coming to the LED strip from the LED power supply on the Tee Wee chassis.

My Naxa NT-520k board # is (CV3458H-A50),Passes the flashlight test
Can I interpret that . . . as that by using the indirect reflected light from the flashlight, that you are then able to make out the subdued video display on the TV screen ?
YOU GOTS A PICTOOR !

Two things I now want to point out . . . . .

Initially, start at extreme top left corner and drop down the left side until you come up on the bottom left corners cluster of a YELLOW X2
poly cap and two adjunct line choke / baluns and a reddish brown rectangular AC line fuse housing / case and a nearby round, green, line surge input thermistor .
Now my point of interest is being that white rectangular plug to its left . . . . ( it's being mounted askew . . .to board geometry ) . . . . . since that is the type of connector usually found used for connecting the back light supply wire(s) from the power source to a back light.
Particularly on the older CFL tubes and likely being a carryover to newer LED.
( Probably because the storage warehouse had so many surplus in stock at the CFL to LED conversion time.)
Now go back to the top left corner and I suspect that YELLOW transformer, being responsible for the power supply to your back light.
See if you can track your LED back light wires as ending at this specific area .

If not finding it there, I rely upon you to track down that LED supply wire to its end power source area and it should have a / some ? 100 volt'ish rated E-cap(s) very nearby for use as its DC filtering.
Additionally, around the board, I can see one open balun and two YELLOW and one black transformer that also might be candidates for that specific / separate LED supply. . . . . . . if that initial guess was incorrect.
I now turn the parts search aspect back to you.
If this is a smaller LCD screen, it usually will split up the LEDs and have strips, both, across the top and across the bottom to then have the LED's beam , edge lighting INTO the tapered clear plexiglass molded interply.

You say . . .

For the sake of simplicity, first you check ALL of the power diodes and power FET's / Transistors found on the board to see if your boo-boo didn't leave any of them dead shorted, then, hopefully, you will find . . . . .
My earlier mentioned reddish brown, rectangular block fuse, has blown up into an open circuit.

In my final cursory overall examination of the board I am now running around and assuming / assigning connectors functions . . . . that is, until I get to the final end right top corner and that connector and its proximity to 2 power rectifiers and E-cap . . . . along with this possibly being a small screen unit . . . . is that possibly being a DC connector for 12V DC battery operation of this unit ?

Now, lets consult this other board shot.

SUPPLEMENTAL MAIN BOARD REFERENCING . . . . .
or
( SUPER mag . . . option . . . off site
https://i.ebayimg.com/images/g/bloAAOSwxPRgKtI4/s-l1600.jpg )

And this one sort of backfired on me, since the person took a pic that is not quite being in good focus.
Now, of the two . . .mouse cursor click on . . . . mag options, use the smaller option . . .which is still being HUGE . . . . . as compared to your initial small pics offering.
Then use the mouse activated bottom and right side bars to slide the image across the screen.

s-l1600.jpg

73's de Edd . . . . .

Just remember,
that once you're over the hill,
you then rapidly begin to pick up speed.
( I can positively vouch for that ! )

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Hello

I am Fine thank You how are You

The Board is for 55 inch Naxa TV

Yes i was able to see a picture with an overhead lamp instead of Flashlight.

Let me please remind You i am not an expert but have all the tools a Lab Electronics expert needs :)
I know the resistor codes some ohms Law and understanding of how components work but never really understood much more after that but not always have much common sense or how to trouble shoot yet at this time.

Did You want me to test in Continuity Mode (beep beep) , Or Diode Mode? when starting the trace?
When YOU mentioned transistors i hope You are referring to the Mosfets? as the transistors are small.
I have an ESR Meter as well as the AstroAI Digital Multimeter 10000 Counts.

Also i bought a small Driver board a Baosity Universal 26~55inch LCD TV Backlight Driver Board LED TV Constant Current Boost Step Up Board Module
just i case there is another way we can get it working

i am going to read this in the morning after my coffee ok? Then i can have all day to play with these boards.

First let me start by Thanking You that You replied and were very helpful to me on this Board and Thank You for the large picture as well as some of the other advice You given me.

I am sorry i had no time to come back to reply to You i need a few hours sleep and in the morning i will read this again and follow your advice.

i am going to read this in the morning after my coffee ok? Then i can have all day to play with these boards.

Last edited: