Maker Pro
Maker Pro

nano coils

Status
Not open for further replies.
Using a straight wire of .01 mm dia. and wrapping it with .001mm wire to create an auto transformer, how can I calculate the peak voltage output per kilometer of primary wire? Using 100vdc primary supply at fully charged coil. VLF.

Harald Kapp

@plasmaniac : Whatever you're trying to achieve: with that little and useless information you're not going to get useful feedback. The thickness of the wire has nothing to do with the output voltage of a (auto or not) transformer under no load. With load, the limited thickness of the wire creates resistance which will reduce the output voltage. You have not given any value for the expected load :(

Wrapping a straight wire with another wire does not create a transformer. What we understand when we read wire is typically a copper wire which, being not magnetic, does not lend itself to the construction of a transformer's core. A transformer's core needs to be magnetic to concentrate the magnetic flux.

As @BobK stated: No transformer will generate an output from a DC input.

Without a non disclosure agreement my intentions must remain, in your words, useless info. Good to know that you "smart" guys have no idea where I am going. Consider my question answered.

Status
Not open for further replies.