Maker Pro
Maker Pro

NAD T762 Home Theater Receiver

Hi Guys,

I am not an electronics tech and I need some assistance. I have been fixing my own stuff mostly tube, for thirty plus years. I came here looking for a schematic for an NAD T762..It has worked fine for me for about 15 years. About 6 months ago my left channel started crackling and popping. I could eliminate it for a while by switching Speakers "A" on and off (so cycling the relay). I came home from work tonight powered it up and no sound from the left channel at all. When I check it with a test tone my front left is 12db down from my center and right. No sound at all from the left rear. I am sure it could be the speaker relay. I am watching TV with it turned on and occaisional get a craclke from the front left. I know here is a NAD authorized tech in here somewhere and would love him to see this and comment. I have read that the proper new relays are hard to find. I could try and repair the contacts or even swap the "A" and "B" speaker relays as I have never used the "B" relay and it should be like new. Please advise. :)

Steve.

Yes,

Having something to show me the way will help tremendously!!!
I did not know there was a female tech in here as I only saw a fellow's name saying he was a NAD tech.
But Kudu's to all the Female techs. Women are usually more dexterous and patient, therefore good at repairing tiny boards.
Now I can take apart this beast and attempt a fix.

Thanks So Much!!
Steve. :)