Maker Pro
Maker Pro

Motorhome alarm

Hello i`m a newbie just joined

Hello I`m looking to build my own type of motorhome alarm .

The plan is to use about 16 car reversing sensor fix in the side skirts of the motorhome .
so this will detect people who approach the motorhome at night when im tuck up sleeping inside.

I will use the buzzer type without a lcd display

The sensor will detect someone outside Then it will send a live to the buzzer and bleep i want to connect this wire to leds around the motorhome as proximity lights an come on at stage 1.

At the same time as someone gets closer the sensors will make a constant live to the buzzer but now i want to be able to have a voice siren to come on at stage 4

The alarm will switch on/off by a remote control key fob

The manual says reference detection

stage 1 150-100cm bi...bi...bi
stage 2 90-50cm bi..bi..bi
stage 3 40-30cm bi.bi.bi
stage 4 0-20cm bi............

So is it a case of somehow spliting these two voltages so i can set the leds lights flashing then the siren

The kit consists of 8 parking sensors link to a control box ,a buzzer wire come out of that box. The siren has its own live to a 12volt battery and two trigger wires live and negative.

I have tried wirring some leds to the buzzer wire and they flash at stage 1 my question is how many can i have without causing any problems is there a way to work this out.

I have also tried to wire the siern to the buzzer wire it works and comes on at constant but as you move away the stage 3 -1 interrupts it and turns it back on .

I think i need some sort of resistor to fix this but im complety new to electronics but keen to learn

Thankyou for any replies

Welcome to the forums

Sounds like a really cool idea
Can you give us some more details about this kit? perhaps a link that contains a circuit or block diagram?

Matty-

motorhome alarm

hello Matty
I have put this kit together by buying different parts .The parking sensors are a complete kits from ebay http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/8-CAR-REVERSI...arts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item2c4d0b6e59
The siren is also from ebay and the remote fob and lights

I dont have a circuit or block diagram i have serach on the net but cant find one i can take a picture on the circuit board if that helps

I intend on linking two cables to come off the buzzer wire so i can have two independant feeds but with to voltages coming through

The live variable voltage that goes to the buzzer at stage 1 to 3 is about from 1 to 6 volts Im trying to connect this wire to a relay that will trip the coil at 1 volt and allow a 12 volt supply to then power led lights around the motorhome

The as you walk closer at stage 4 the voltage to the buzzer is 10.78 but i dont need a relay as the siren has its own direct power from the battery what needs to happen it someting needs to supress /stop the 1 to 6 volts triggering the siren as the voltage at constant is 10.78 i need something between the buzzer wire and trigger wire to only allow say 10 volts and above to trigger the siren,so as you walk up to and away from the sensor the voltage at stage 1 to 3 does turn the siren on and off.

Thanks