Maker Pro
Maker Pro

motorcycle electrical help please

Hello to one and all. Please bear with me but I'm a newbie when it comes to electronics, and desperately need some help and advice.

I have a 1963 Lambretta which has 6v AC electrics. I have been told that this can be converted to 12v DC, as I wish to replace my rear stop/tail light, as when the bike is stationary, the rear light is hardly noticeable. I have to travel along unlit country lanes and it is very dangerous at junctions etc.

I am wishing to make a light board out of 30 Superflux white LEDs. These are the ones I bought - D'oh!, won't let me post links???????? If you need to see them please look up Phenoptix site.
I also bought suitable resistors, and a suitable board to mount them all on.

I have read that in order to make AC - DC, firstly I need to make a "bridge rectifier". This will then pass through capcitors to smooth out the waves, and then into a regulator to end up as pure 12v DC output.

First question. Is the above correct?
2nd question. What components do I need?
3rd question. How many of each component do I need, and what values or ratings do they need to be?

If I haven't asked something that I should need to know, can you please fill in any gaps.

Your help and advice is greatly appreciated, and urgently required.

Regards

1] you need a bridge rectifier at least 100amps 100v reverse breakdown then you need a battery to charge to it just like a car. then forget about it because the power is too great for you to handle being a newbie. for the LED white is fine for the front but you need red for the back. you may run these LEDS with just a series diode right off the AC. YOU HAVE TO find out how much current/voltage they need and tie them in series asume 3v 25ma for one you need a series resistor to limit the currnt to 25 ma if they are 2v then you tie 3 in series to make 6v you may tie how many you like in parallel.LEDS blow up if you exceed the rating whatever they may be.