Maker Pro
Maker Pro

LED Halo for motorcycle

So the one halo that I have is not working. I'm pretty sure it's related to a bad resistor here are pictures of both. Is there any way to identify what kind of resistor is required to properly drive the halo. Am I thinking about this completely wrong and could there be another solution.

The resistor does not have any identifying marks on it. I am very familiar with electrical so I can get likely any readings off it one would require. Any insight would be welcomed. Thanks guys

For some reason it won't let me upload pics so I'm to include a drop box link
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/rmguvnsqimtmcoq/AADZ1wzai7mBCd3VX2RjPgk1a?dl=0

I would think it's more likely to be the driver unit.
If the resistor is open circuit, it has failed.
Can you link to where you purchased the driver and resistor set?.

Martin

There isn't really a driver. The only thing in that circuit is the resistor, I can snip it and ohm it out for sure. The driver is for the LED headlamp which works fine. It's just the halo on one side that doesn't work. With regards to the original place of purchase well the guy who runs that operation is less than helpful and is a bit of a scheister who doesn't support his products. I already got an email back from him saying he just glues the led halos on and doesn't make the products so he doesn't know. I emailed him back asking him for specs and nothing from him in the last 2 weeks so I'm pretty sure that's a dead end.
I edited the pics and I'll try to upload them.
20210412_220623.jpg 20210412_220659.jpg 20210412_220755.jpg

OK, I'm not familiar with a Halo. Is it like an Angel Eye?
Is the Halo a piece of bent clear plastic with a LED shoved in one end that then illuminates the ring?. Or several LEDs in series that form a ring?.

Is the resistor that black can looking item?. Measure it, see if it's open circuit or not.

But I have to ask, how is this all wired to the bike?.
I can see the driver which is 12/24V. So if the headlight is working, that's ok. Assuming the LED is not wired to the driver as well?.
I would also assume the LED is wired to the sidelights circuit or on it's own circuit for daylight running?.
Again, assuming it's like this item, which draws 300mA then 12V / 0.3A = 40Ω resistor. And 12 x 0.3 = 3.6Watt resistor minimum.

So check whether you have around 40 Ohms or higher resistor.
Get a resistor and wire the LED and resistor directly to the battery for testing purposes.

Martin