Maker Pro
Maker Pro

mark threads [SOLVED]?

davenn

Is it possible to mark a thread as solved or edit the title to say that?

Thanks

hi there

as far as I'm aware this forum style doesnt allow for that
one of us moderators would be able to edit the thread title to show such tho once it had been confirmed solved by the OP ( original poster)

We often dont know if it has been solved or not as the OP only occassionally confirms that

Dave

Ian

Administrator
It is possible to add on the site, however I've tried an addon that does the same thing - but it has some compatibility problem as it means we can't use the built in tag system for other purposes. Editing the titles to include the solved tag manually also comes with problems, as it takes up a lot of moderator time and it also reduces the relevancy of the threads in the eyes of search engines (perversely, given the fact it should help!).

For the time being I'm not going to add this feature, but if there is an improved solution in future then I'm happy to revisit it :).

davenn

I agree Ian, personally I don't really see any need for it
If the OP's question was answered and he was happy. Leave it at that :)
no need to mark the thread "solved"

Dave

Understood guys ;)

I can see it being useful if the site happened to be a lot larger, as I find myself ignoring threads that have 10+ posts. If the op is having difficulty, it may encourage new visitors if it is not yet marked as 'solved'
Of course... You run into the problem of ops vanishing when the magic answer shows up...

I saw a potential solution so I slapped it up :)