Maker Pro
Maker Pro

Making A Sound Reactive LED Strip

okay so a 2 amp transistor would work? a tip 112 would handle it fine?

also, when buying capacitors, does it matter what voltage they operate at? like 16, 35, 50? cheers
A 2 Amp transistor will work fine... depending on the length of the LED strip you want to use. I can't say for certain.
Do you want to power the whole roll? Or only a portion?

As far as the capacitor ratings, the most important part is the uF value. Secondly, you choose the voltage it is 'capable' of.
So if you are using it in a circuit where it will see 5V, grab one that is rated for higher and you'll be fine.

@Gryd3 I have jt ordered everything now and will let you know how the build goes :)
A 2 Amp transistor will work fine... depending on the length of the LED strip you want to use. I can't say for certain.
Do you want to power the whole roll? Or only a portion?

As far as the capacitor ratings, the most important part is the uF value. Secondly, you choose the voltage it is 'capable' of.
So if you are using it in a circuit where it will see 5V, grab one that is rated for higher and you'll be fine.
Sweet that makes sense, I just ordered everything I need (except a perfboard, not sure how big just yet) and some spare wire which I'll get at a local shop. Thanks for all the help, it's much appreciated, it wouldn't have happened without your incredible help! :) I still need a little bit of help with connecting everything together (like what pins on the opamp and transistor go to where) and it would be great if you could help me with that also :)

@Gryd3 I have jt ordered everything now and will let you know how the build goes :)

Sweet that makes sense, I just ordered everything I need (except a perfboard, not sure how big just yet) and some spare wire which I'll get at a local shop. Thanks for all the help, it's much appreciated, it wouldn't have happened without your incredible help! :) I still need a little bit of help with connecting everything together (like what pins on the opamp and transistor go to where) and it would be great if you could help me with that also :)
Of course!
Let us know when you are ready.