Maker Pro
Maker Pro

Lamp Magnifier - What's Best?

Relatively new to all this soldering business, but loving every minute of the learning curve :)

I've seen a few threads with guys talking about magnifying lamps help the process and make it easier to see what's going on with greater detail.

Does anyone here have a particular favorite lamp that they would recommend?
Thanks!

:)

One that you like, that you can see clearly through. Some have weighted bases, some you can drill a hole in your bench to mount it.

I use one from OC White Company.

Luxo makes good quality ones.
If you want it to last, avoid the Chinese-made ones.
We went low-bid at work, the stands don't hold up, the cheap metal arms give out, the
thumb-screw locks don't hold the arms where you want them, and the bulbs are held
in place by sponge rubber that deteriorates as a dust onto your work.
The good ones cost three-times as much, but they last forever.
The choice is yours. Something that'll last a couple years, or one that you probably
won't have to replace later.

Hi Guys,
thanks for the responses! I agree that steering clear of anything chinese is a good idea.
I did a bit of Googling and found that this site was helpful

Magnifying Lamp Reviews

I like the look of the gooseneck models - lots of flexibility. And LEDs look really cool too, so I think I know where I am heading!

Thanks for your kind help with this
McJack

Hi Guys,
thanks for the responses! I agree that steering clear of anything chinese is a good idea.
I did a bit of Googling and found that this site was helpful

Magnifying Lamp Reviews

I like the look of the gooseneck models - lots of flexibility. And LEDs look really cool too, so I think I know where I am heading!

Thanks for your kind help with this
McJack

Hey there!
I am in a similar boat. Quite new to the whole process.
Thanks for the link to that site.

LEDs are pretty cool :D
Jack