Maker Pro
Maker Pro

Is there any particular reason this won't work? Thanks

(*steve*)

¡sǝpodᴉʇuɐ ǝɥʇ ɹɐǝɥd
What chapter do you suggest I start at by the way? What topic?

I don't know the book, so I have no idea. However the indications are that you may have read earlier chapters but not understood them. Does the book have any quizes?

Do you know what resistance you get if a 10k and a 1 k resistor are in parallel?

If a 10k and a 1k resistor are connected in series across a 9V battery with the 1k resistor connected to the negative terminal (which we shall call 0V), what is the voltage at the junction of the resistors when compared to 0V?

what current flows through a 1uF capacitor with 9.5 volts applied to it?

(*steve*)

¡sǝpodᴉʇuɐ ǝɥʇ ɹɐǝɥd
OMG! the 2N2222 relaxation oscillator. That poor 2N2222. I hope you gave it a good funeral.

Perhaps you should have started with something that involves actual transistor action and doesn't destroy the device.

If I can remember the formula 1k x 10k / 1k + 10k.

For a voltage divider Vo = Vi . (R2)/(R1+R2) so 9V * 1k/(10K+1K) = 0.81V?

9.5*10-6 amp?

OMG! the 2N2222 relaxation oscillator. That poor 2N2222. I hope you gave it a good funeral.

Perhaps you should have started with something that involves actual transistor action and doesn't destroy the device.

It's in my art journal don't worry, gone but not forgotten :)

Ok so I had a quick look at this. First thing is what will your supply voltage be across the first transistor? So I tried to keep as much the same as your original circuit and moved a few things about.

OSC1.PNG

So we have something on the output, is this circuit working at all?

upload_2016-10-8_14-51-7.png

Adam

Hi Adam, I look at the graph and try to figure how you've created it but I'm sure you can teach me another day. :)

It's become difficult my 1 transformer and 1 inductor has exploded into all sorts of things (still 3 inductors though).

It is working though and because we have the correct number of troughs and peaks over time though I'm not entirely sure I see what's going on.

Dave

Hi Adam, I look at the graph and try to figure how you've created it but I'm sure you can teach me another day. :)

It's become difficult my 1 transformer and 1 inductor has exploded into all sorts of things (still 3 inductors though).

It is working though and because we have the correct number of troughs and peaks over time though I'm not entirely sure I see what's going on.

Dave

Dave

Hi Dave. I simulated it in LTspice thats all.
Adam

Dave
Loòk at the voltage, see how small the signal is. Sorry to let you down :) Its not working mate. Where is this small voltage coming from?
Adam