Maker Pro
Maker Pro

ips521 mosfet

Het guys, kinda new to electronics. I'm working on a board for a friend and need to replace two ips521 drivers. Those are "obsolete" apparently so i need to find a suitable replacement. I will attach a photo of the original part numbers. Thanks so much for any help! If you have a specific link to the item i need, such as on ebay or an online store...that would be great!

Attachments

• IMG_0064 (1).jpg
    IMG_0064 (1).jpg
    225.2 KB · Views: 89
Seriously? Any of those will work in place of my driver? That is AWESOME!! Thanks you so much, i thought i was about to have a real issue.

Well... not exactly. They are all devices that are called 'fully protected high side power mosfet switches'.

The actual specifications of the device you currently have is in this document:

http://pdf1.alldatasheet.com/datasheet-pdf/view/85007/IRF/IPS521.html

The critical points to note are listed in the 'product summary' box on the first page. If you look at some of the other devices as per my link above you can search to find devices that match or exceed those basic minimum specifications.

As long as it physically fits the location you have and/or the lead arrangements match then you can choose whatever device that list produces.

I'm afraid you're going to have to do a little more work to narrow down which device particularly suits your needs.

Hang on a minute......

The ips511 seems to be the same except power dissipation...which is only 25w compared to 40w on the ips521. Would that make a huge difference?

I've had a search but can't find a pin-for-pin replacement. It's a 5-pin MOSFET (two extra pins dedicated to supplying the supply to the internal control circuitry).

It may mean looking at a LOT of the datasheets to find something to fit!

The ips511 seems to be the same except power dissipation...which is only 25w compared to 40w on the ips521. Would that make a huge difference?

It seems that the whole 'IPS' range are now marked as obsolete! Can't find them at Digikey (other suppliers are potential sources but it means a long search).

Either way, although the device is a high-side yadda yadda you might be looking at checking the schematic to see if a standard 3-pin device can be put in its place i.e. no supply pins.

Have you any more data on the device it came from? or your reasoning behind it's potential demise?/none working? What evidence do you offer for this?

Het guys, kinda new to electronics. I'm working on a board for a friend and need to replace two ips521 drivers. Those are "obsolete" apparently so i need to find a suitable replacement. I will attach a photo of the original part numbers. Thanks so much for any help! If you have a specific link to the item i need, such as on ebay or an online store...that would be great!

https://www.ebay.com/itm/2-PCS-IPS5...337150?hash=item4b250fc2fe:g:bUsAAOSw6Q1Zumi4
the part.

https://www.infineon.com/dgdl/ips521.pdf?fileId=5546d462533600a4015355c3c24d161d
the datasheet.

Well,
They are not obsolete yet,but declared EOL .
They will be available from Infineon till mid 2018.
You should contact Infineon here for replacement or were to buy them.

Note,
the other big question for you to find out is:
why did they fail?

the other big question for you to find out is:
why did they fail?
...if they failed at all. In my experience such devices don't fail unless its in a spectacular fashion! The pics don't offer any suggestion that there is a problem (although that isn't a given) but from someone who declares themselves
kinda new to electronics.
we have to ask!

No shame in 'not knowing the source of the problem' - we all learned from the beginning.