Maker Pro
Maker Pro

How to wire rear view cameras

Hello, first time here so hope this is the right place to post.

I want to install a dual rear view camera on my motor home (two cameras in one unit). I've bought a four-core individually screened cable (Stranded cores, 7/0.1mm copper conductor, lap screened) and will be running about 15 metres of it between the cameras at the back and the monitor unit at the front. The cable needs to carry two analogue video signals and 12V power.

How should I connect the cable screen wires? Can I connect them to vehicle 0V? Then I could use two of the cores for 12V and the other two for the video. Or should I use one of the cores for 0V and just connect the screen to the screen wires on the cables coming out of the cameras and monitor?

Is the cable sufficient for the job given a 15m run?

Thanks for any advice.

davenn

hi ya
welcome :)

I've bought a four-core individually screened cable (Stranded cores, 7/0.1mm copper conductor, lap screened) and will be running about 15 metres of it between the cameras at the back and the monitor unit at the front. The cable needs to carry two analogue video signals and 12V power.

without seeing what you have got ( give us a link) it may not be suitable .... the video lines should really be coax cables any sort of appropriate grade wire that will not cause too much voltage drop for the power supply pair

Dave